Atrocious audio on TataSky since DD+

Rushil.D said:
No bro HD channels PQ is Excellent for me :) even for most of guys using TS :)

and we have a discussion with this earlier too :shy and you are from one of those who got bad experience :s

Bro, i am talking about picture quality in hd channels when you have scenes on the channel where the camera moves. I am able to see pixels clearly. This can happen if more compression is used.
Other than that the picture looks clear. Plus you will see a softness on the picture in tatasky. Hd channels are meant to look sharp and not soft

cruise712 said:
Bro, i am talking about picture quality in hd channels when you have scenes on the channel where the camera moves. I am able to see pixels clearly. This can happen if more compression is used.
Other than that the picture looks clear. Plus you will see a softness on the picture in tatasky. Hd channels are meant to look sharp and not soft

I agree with u bro, what I have observed is HD channels PQ decreased after giving free vewing of all channels After 8th Aug..

SD channels PQ decreased very much in HD setop box when compared to SD setop box, may be its a trick by companies to acclimatise viewers to HD channels and discourage SD channels vewing.

Same thing has been done by mobile operators decreasing 2G speed after launching 3G and decreasing 3G speeds after launching 4G

Coming to audio quality I can't say much but volume decreased very much recently..and all channels are not at same volume esp. Ten 1HD volume is very low

Iharish007 said:
Me also agree with you to some extent. But English movies and English entertainment HD channels audio is very good. I don't find any difference between Tata sky and Airtel.

I'm not sure how much experience you have with audio/video quality or what kind of equipment you are using to gauge the quality and I cannot comment on Airtel. But let me assure you, the 'audio' quality of the HD English movies & HD Entertainment channels is pretty crap on TataSky. What is worse is, that this was not always the case. The problem has apparently appeared only after TataSky switched to DD+

I am using Sony HT and I think English channels audio is good. And I use both ADTV and Tata sky on same tv.

soundtek said:
Not having any issues here on my yamaha receiver. If you're having issues with DD+ you can change the audio preference on the STB to DD.
I'm using the spdif output and DD. Getting proper sound even from the rears

It's not that I am having issues with my AV equipment. It is quite simply a TataSky problem. One that only they can resolve. And switching from DD+ to DD is of no help.

soundtek said:
Both DD and DD+ are designed for use with AV receivers either via HDMI or SPDIF. The PCM format should be used for sound over the television.

Listening to sources encoded in DD or DD+ via a television's stereo speakers will always cause a drop in audio levels because it does not decode it fully. Only an AV receiver can. I've been using my receiver with tata sky HD ever since it has been launched and never faced a sound quality issue.

So IMO there's no fault in the audio broadcasting from tata sky's end. Just that the correct format should be used.

Thank you for the tutorial on DD / DD+. However you are assuming that I have based my complaint on audio on a TV. I can't speak for your experience. But it is obvious that you have not noticed the major drop in DD surround sound quality over the past few months.

Bottom line is, that there is a definite problem with the audio quality from TataSky.

For reference, my AV equipment:

Projector: Panasonic PT-AE7000U
Screen: 135" 16:9 Elite Saker Tab Tensioned
TV: Samsung PS64F8500 (65" Plasma)
DTH: TataSky HD-DVR
Blu-ray: Oppo BDP-103 | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3
Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8802A
Power Amp (7 x Main Channels): Emotiva XPA-7
Power Amp (4 x Height Channels): Denon AVR5800 <- For Dolby Atmos | DTS-X
Speakers:
Mains: Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v2
Centre: Paradigm Reference Prestige 55C
Side Surround: Tannoy Mercury M5
Rear Surround: SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Height x 4: Community Pro CS8 <- For Dolby Atmos | DTS-X
Subwoofer: Paradigm Reference Servo 15

sanjay0864 said:
Thank you for the tutorial on DD / DD+. However you are assuming that I have based my complaint on audio on a TV. I can't speak for your experience. But it is obvious that you have not noticed the major drop in DD surround sound quality over the past few months.

Bottom line is, that there is a definite problem with the audio quality from TataSky.

For reference, my AV equipment:

Projector: Panasonic PT-AE7000U
Screen: 135" 16:9 Elite Saker Tab Tensioned
TV: Samsung 64F8500 (65" Plasma)
DTH: TataSky DVR
Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8802A
Power Amp (7 x Main Channels): Emotiva XPA-7
Power Amp (4 x Height Channels): Denon AVR5800
Speakers:
Mains: Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v2
Centre: Paradigm Reference Prestige 55C
Side Surround: Tannoy Mercury M5
Rear Surround: SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Height x 4: Community Pro CS8
Subwoofer: Paradigm Reference Servo 15

Oh boy that's some setup..

iqbal008 said:
Agree with soundtek

Moreover if you are using LEDs that support DD/+ then it should also work on TV. But to get true DD/+ it's better to use Home theatre than using it on TV.

What in the world is LED and how is it relevant to audio quality? If you are referring to a TV as a LED, then please be aware that there is no such thing as a LED TV. What you refer to as a LED TV is nothing but a LCD TV with LED backlighting. And the LED backlighting has no role to play with the audio quality. In any case, I fail to understand why you are assuming that my complaint with the DD/DD+ audio quality on TataSky is while listening thru the TV speakers. For the record, I never use the TV's audio system. Even when I am not using my Home Theater audio, I listen to the TV audio thru a Boston Acoustic satellite speaker system. But in any case, my complaint is restricted to listening to TataSky audio thru my HT audio system.

sanjay0864 said:
It's not that I am having issues with my AV equipment. It is quite simply a TataSky problem. One that only they can resolve. And switching from DD+ to DD is of no help.

Would love to see airtel being used in your setup for audio comparison between TS and ADTV!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock