Discussion Audio issues on XStream Smart box [SOLVED]

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 435
  • Views: Views 117,746
I think Internet TV box runs on Oreo. So yes, it could be an Android 9 issue. Shield TV also has the same issue, I have seen several threads on Shield TV forum, just search Amazon prime Dolby audio issue on Nvidia Shield TV, you will get so many threads. Fire TV stick obviously runs Amazon's custom Android, so obviously they would have made sure their own app and Netflix works absolutely fine!

so is it better to go with internet TV as of now? does it play 4k with atmos? does it direct play 4k?

so is it better to go with internet TV as of now? does it play 4k with atmos? does it direct play 4k?
Yes, but it's remote is too bad. Internet TV with XStream remote would be a nice option if Airtel allows. It does have 4K and Atmos support. I'm not sure what you meant by direct play 4K, do you mean 4K files from the hard drive?

Yes, but it's remote is too bad. Internet TV with XStream remote would be a nice option if Airtel allows. It does have 4K and Atmos support. I'm not sure what you meant by direct play 4K, do you mean 4K files from the hard drive?
yes siva, direct play is files from HDD/ NAS. i prefer Kodi with PMS. so if that supports well then better ill take the internet tv instead of Xstream crap.

yes siva, direct play is files from HDD/ NAS. i prefer Kodi with PMS. so if that supports well then better ill take the internet tv instead of Xstream crap.
Internet TV also supports only the FAT32 file system for external drives. 4K files are usually huge in size, so you might have to split them into multiple files before you can get them to play on ITV from the HDD due to the limitations of FAT32. Again, there are media playing issues like A/V going out of sync and motion blur, even when we use third party players like VLC. I never tried PMS on ITV, but that might work Ok. It depends on your requirement actually, both the boxes have their own issues and there is no perfect option at the moment. IMHO, avoiding them altogether and depending on a Fire Stick for OTT is the best option as of now.

Internet TV also supports only the FAT32 file system for external drives. 4K files are usually huge in size, so you might have to split them into multiple files before you can get them to play on ITV from the HDD due to the limitations of FAT32. Again, there are media playing issues like A/V going out of sync and motion blur, even when we use third party players like VLC. I never tried PMS on ITV, but that might work Ok. It depends on your requirement actually, both the boxes have their own issues and there is no perfect option at the moment. IMHO, avoiding them altogether and depending on a Fire Stick for OTT is the best option as of now.
i want a device that can transcode DTS/atmos and passthrough DD/DD+properly unlike my TV which only does it only for Netflix. my budget is also limited so i could purchase shield TV or upgrade my old HT. :rolleyes:

Is there any audio issues in amazon fire stick for netflix and prime ?

does it work with internet TV box? i dont know about it never used it, does it run on android 9?. my TV is also certified android tv and no UHD or dolby support in the prime app maybe its android 9 issue? no wait shield TV is also android 9 and amazon prime plays in UHD/DD+ so its stock android devices that are having this issue? Maybe Shield tv has some custom ROM?

as said above, i think its issue with all android 9 devices.... just to be sure what content did you play? LPCM will be upmixed and your HT will try encode to dolby pro logic(which is patented upmix technology of dolby as it doesnt recognise it.

Content i played was netflix with 5.1 audio, star movies hd..(the best dolby audio among satellite movie channels i guess)...amazon with 5.1 titles but ddnt get it..

Content i played was netflix with 5.1 audio, star movies hd..(the best dolby audio among satellite movie channels i guess)...amazon with 5.1 titles but ddnt get it..

as said above i think amazon is still not providing UHD/Dolby for android TV 9. i have same issue as well.... netflix is bang on and amazon is POS... i gave up on Prime video and started downloading the important UHD content from usenet and use PMS to stream to my TV. its much better exp trust me.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock