Discussion Audio issues on XStream Smart box [SOLVED]

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 435
  • Views: Views 117,738
I have noticed a strange thing today with respect to the 1st issue i.e. all channels showing Dolby on home theater.

On some of the channels with multi audio, this issue is not there. For example, if we check Pogo channel, the home theater is properly decoding it as 2 channel input and upscaling to 5.1. This is happening on many other channels as well with multi audio. Few other examples below.

1. Disney Junior on Telugu and Tamil
2. Disney Chanel on all audio
3. Marvel HQ on all audio
4. Hungama on Tamil and Telugu
5. Pogo on all audio

I'm now suspecting the audio format on the channels to be the root cause of this issue i.e. AAC vs other formats!?

Can others please confirm this behavior? @bhaskar.killi and @Happy Self bros?

Zee5 doenot provide DD through Airtel Xstream box..is it same with airtel internet stb box?

Zee5 doenot provide DD through Airtel Xstream box..is it same with airtel internet stb box?
Zee5 doesn't have Dolby audio for any content. So it's not there even on Amazon fire stick.

But they boast of being True HD network...in their ads

True HD does not necessarily mean Dolby Audio formats. Its just marketing gimmick. That's why Amazon Prime and Netflix subscriptions are very costly. Even Hotstar does not provide Dolby Digital audio.

I don't know what's problem to provide Dolby audio with HD channel, now evey movie have Dolby audio Only

I have noticed a strange thing today with respect to the 1st issue i.e. all channels showing Dolby on home theater.

On some of the channels with multi audio, this issue is not there. For example, if we check Pogo channel, the home theater is properly decoding it as 2 channel input and upscaling to 5.1. This is happening on many other channels as well with multi audio. Few other examples below.

1. Disney Junior on Telugu and Tamil
2. Disney Chanel on all audio
3. Marvel HQ on all audio
4. Hungama on Tamil and Telugu
5. Pogo on all audio

I'm now suspecting the audio format on the channels to be the root cause of this issue i.e. AAC vs other formats!?

Can others please confirm this behavior? @bhaskar.killi and @Happy Self bros?
What you are telling is true. Need to do deep analysis regarding this.

I have upgraded from my internet tv stb to xstreme stb,shocked to see i am not getting true dolby digital output even in dolby hd channels, subwoofer is not at all working!!! Wat may be the issue,how to resolve.I have connected my HT with Optical Cable.

I have upgraded from my internet tv stb to xstreme stb,shocked to see i am not getting true dolby digital output even in dolby hd channels, subwoofer is not at all working!!! Wat may be the issue,how to resolve.I have connected my HT with Optical Cable.
Under Settings -> Device Settings -> Audio -> Select Auto. Restart the box.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock