Discussion Audio issues on XStream Smart box [SOLVED]

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 436
  • Views: Views 118,501
Yes, F&D home theatre, The hdmi from xtream box connected to hdmi to audio converter, from audio converter to 5.1ch home theatre, and also from audio converter to hdmi out for tv. this is the same setup which i have been using with tatasky box for more than 7 years, just changed the tatasky box to xstream box.
Can you try using optical out from Xstream Box to your converter? Your connection should be as below.

1. Xstream Box optical out to your converter optical in
2. Converter to 5.1 ch HT
3. Xstream Box hdmi out to your TV hdmi in

Let me know how it goes.

Can you try using optical out from Xstream Box to your converter? Your connection should be as below.

Let me know how it goes.
from starting my connection this like

I had tried stereo out from xtream box to ht stereo in but audio coming first video delayed few seconds

Let me know how it goes.
yes i have done that also early itself same result, my doubt is regarding the box itself and that too i have changed. and also i have another converter box that also same result. this is purely related to STB i think

Not getting 5.1 Audio from Amazon Prime application on airtel xtreme box.anyone know the reason and when it going to be resolve?Siva Sir any updates from Airtel?

Hi guys,

I just exchanged my Airtel HD Recorder set top box with Airtel Xstream. Having audio issues, I checked online and stumbled upon this thread. Just gone through all posts under this thread. Should have seen it earlier. Regretting my purchase.

I have Sony Smart TV with Yamaha HT. (DTS HD, DD TrueHD)

My earlier Airtel HD recorder was all good, except for lacking OTT and the most annoyingly, channel browsing, favorites which was clumsy to change everytime. I enjoyed recording and watching HD channels with 5.1 audio. Was watching Netflix from PS3 using Yamaha HT.

I thought Xstream box will easy my channel browsing, giving better DTH interface than old HD DVR, with added Netflix and Amazon prime in the same device. It seems the very purpose is lost.

Looks like ,there hasn't been any software update since long.
Any resolution is possible with the audio issue anytime sooner?

Wish I could go back to my HD DVR.
Any suggestions for best audio settings?

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I just exchanged my Airtel HD Recorder set top box with Airtel Xstream. Having audio issues, I checked online and stumbled upon this thread. Just gone through all posts under this thread. Should have seen it earlier. Regretting my purchase.

I have Sony Smart TV with Yamaha HT. (DTS HD, DD TrueHD)

My earlier Airtel HD recorder was all good, except for lacking OTT and the most annoyingly, channel browsing, favorites which was clumsy to change everytime. I enjoyed recording and watching HD channels with 5.1 audio. Was watching Netflix from PS3 using Yamaha HT.

I thought Xstream box will easy my channel browsing, giving better DTH interface than old HD DVR, with added Netflix and Amazon prime in the same device. It seems the very purpose is lost.

Looks like ,there hasn't been any software update since long.
Any resolution is possible with the audio issue anytime sooner?

Wish I could go back to my HD DVR.
Any suggestions for best audio settings?

The only audio issue I faced is with prime video. It's not in Dolby 5.1 audio but Netflix,Hotstar(Dolby content) works fine

And what about the normal DTH HD channels? My Yamaha AVR showing as 5.1, but stereo audio is played in surround speakers. Even for SD channels, my HT shows as 5.1.

And what about the normal DTH HD channels? My Yamaha AVR showing as 5.1, but stereo audio is played in surround speakers. Even for SD channels, my HT shows as 5.1.
Offcourse it will show for sd channels bcoz its a 4k box so surround sound is on always which shudnt be like that
When i was using dishtv hd box surround sound will on only on channels which were 5.1 surround sound which is howit shud be but in xtream is not like that

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock