Discussion Audio issues on XStream Smart box [SOLVED]

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 436
  • Views: Views 119,123
I have subscribed for Discovery, NGC, TLC, History, HBO, all in HD. I didn't notice surround sound in any of these channels, only the front speakers play the sound, though my Yamaha AVR shows 5.1 signal. As the sound will vary depending on the HD programs, am testing mostly on HBO HD, MN+ HD movies. In some settings, even if I hear something from rear speakers, its same as front sounds, but not any different surround sounds.

Though the picture quality has improved with Xtreme, its of no significance, when it cant even play normal 5.1 audio from HD channels. My earlier HD DVR faired better for 5.1 sounds. Regretting the upgrade.

Last edited:
i am the new user for Home theatre,let me know Dolby digital sound means voice will come in centre speaker,and surrounding sound will come in separate speaker,we will heard the individual sound in all 5.1 speaker or both voice and surrounding effect we will heard all speaker? Unable to identify on my Sony Hts20r Dolby digital 5.1 sound bar.if I put manual setting in my DTH I got only music some times in my surround speaker and voice received from centre speaker in HD channels only(sun,sun music, colour tamil) but SD channels, Netflix, Amazon,hot star I received sound from only front 2 speakers.in manual mode my HT displayed "Dolby digital"
But I put Auto mode in my DTH I received sound in my all 5.1 speaker simultaneously ( both HD and Non HD channels, Netflix, Amazon) and my HT displayed only LPCM, discussed with Sony service centre,they told pls check with aitel xstream DTH box setting and contact DTH service centre for that issue.all Sony home theatre users facing the same issue?pls reply and guide me for proper sound setting and above my message or corrected or not?
It looks like the Auto mode on the STB is unable to detect your Home Theater properly. Keep the audio on "Dolby Digital" where you are receiving the 5.1 audio properly on HD channels. Amazon Prime is available only in 2.1 on the XStream box. Netflix and Hotstar will produce 5.1 for certain content wherever it's available.
I have subscribed for Discovery, NGC, TLC, History, HBO, all in HD. I didn't notice surround sound in any of these channels, only the front speakers play the sound, though my Yamaha AVR shows 5.1 signal. As the sound will vary depending on the HD programs, am testing mostly on HBO HD, MN+ HD movies. In some settings, even if I hear something from rear speakers, its same as front sounds, but not any different surround sounds.

Though the picture quality has improved with Xtreme, its of no significance, when it cant even play normal 5.1 audio from HD channels. My earlier HD DVR faired better for 5.1 sounds. Regretting the upgrade.
Try selecting the Mode as "Manual" and keep the setting in "Dolby Digital". You need to reboot the box once you do this. See if you get the 5.1 audio on HD channels after this. You need to keep trying with different settings in manual mode if the STB is unable to detect your Home Theater audio formats in Auto mode.

i am the new user for Home theatre,let me know Dolby digital sound means voice will come in centre speaker,and surrounding sound will come in separate speaker,we will heard the individual sound in all 5.1 speaker or both voice and surrounding effect we will heard all speaker? Unable to identify on my Sony Hts20r Dolby digital 5.1 sound bar.if I put manual setting in my DTH I got only music some times in my surround speaker and voice received from centre speaker in HD channels only(sun,sun music, colour tamil) but SD channels, Netflix, Amazon,hot star I received sound from only front 2 speakers.in manual mode my HT displayed "Dolby digital"
But I put Auto mode in my DTH I received sound in my all 5.1 speaker simultaneously ( both HD and Non HD channels, Netflix, Amazon) and my HT displayed only LPCM, discussed with Sony service centre,they told pls check with aitel xstream DTH box setting and contact DTH service centre for that issue.all Sony home theatre users facing the same issue?pls reply and guide me for proper sound setting and above my message or corrected or not?
First of all try by selecting clearauduo in your sony ht remote..it should provide u 5.1 dolby across HD channels and netflix but not in amazon prime...let us know how have u setup the audio system with the xstream box? Hdmi routed arc or direct via optical fiber.Also test with Star network channels...they provide the bestest dolby as of now.eg.Star movies hd/Star world Hd etc

Last edited:
Latest software version is 1.0.2726
qsCLQWO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock