Discussion Audio issues on XStream Smart box [SOLVED]

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 436
  • Views: Views 118,775
Dolby 5.1 sound working for Hotstar?
For VIP customers?
Sir,how you connect your HT to STB ? Optical or HDMI ARC?
After software updates no Dolby digital 5.1 sound for all apps & HD channel.
I am connected my HT to STB by optical cable.

For VIP customers?
I had connected via optical cable to HT,dolby 5.1 working fine on Netflix, Disney hotstar and other HD channels.

For VIP customers?
STB to HT using HDMI

Hi all,

Recently bought a Airtel xstream box and found below problems.
1. The box is sending HDR signals all the time irrespective of whether the content supports it or not.
2. Amazon prime is not supporting Dolby 5.1.
3. Audio signals are outputted as Dolby digital 5.1 even for stereo.

Any solutions ?

Dolby Atmos is supported for netflix.

My setup

Airtel xstream connected to DENON AVR which is connected to my Samsung frame TV via eARC.

Hi all,

1. The box is sending HDR signals all the time irrespective of whether the content supports it or not.

Any solutions ?

My setup

Airtel xstream connected to DENON AVR which is connected to my Samsung frame TV via eARC.
You can write to @Airtel_Presence regarding the issue. May be you get an update (2.2.3-20072116). After the update the picture quality is execellent. But they completely disabled hdr for all apps except content played via usb(no idea why they did this). I am getting peoper dolby sound from hd channels and stereo sound from non hd channels. But the avr always shows the output as dd+ as its the default output of this airtel box, I think. Also recording feature is available after this update.

Hi all,

Any solutions ?

My setup

Regarding the prime video app dd issue, as of now no solution as both airtel and amazon doing nothing to solve this. To be frank I think its an issue from amazon side.

Regarding the prime video app dd issue, as of now no solution as both airtel and amazon doing nothing to solve this. To be frank I think its an issue from amazon side.
Yes its an issue from amazon ,since tatasky binge, Xstreme and mi box hold the same issue

I had connected via optical cable to HT,dolby 5.1 working fine on Netflix, Disney hotstar and other HD channels.
Sir,you have updated the latest software?
Two days before I changed the Airtel xstream box due to technician told optical port was damaged,now Dolby digital 5.1 working perfectly based on your suggested method ( in manual setting enabled the Dolby digital & dolby digital Plus & AAC) but every time I should switch ON& OFF STB after that only Dolby digital 5.1 working in my Sony sound bar system,now I am not interested to update the new software due to may be 5.1 not support my HT,I don't know it is Airtel or Sony HT problem....

Hi all,

Any solutions ?

My setup

For the time being if you want dolby digital plus in amazon prime video, use the cast feature.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock