Discussion Audio issues on XStream Smart box [SOLVED]

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 436
  • Views: Views 119,222
I do like to know why my xstream box is not allowing kodi to passthrough dolby true hd and dts hd contents. I configured everything in kodi and also tried switching between auto and manual surround options on the box. When I make it manual always sound is reporting as LPCM. My soundbar do support atmos and dts x and all other formats. Xstream box is connected to hdmi in on sound bar and soudbar to tv via arc. When I play contents from my laptop soundbar is able to pick up all formats.

I do like to know why my xstream box is not allowing kodi to passthrough dolby true hd and dts hd contents. I configured everything in kodi and also tried switching between auto and manual surround options on the box. When I make it manual always sound is reporting as LPCM. My soundbar do support atmos and dts x and all other formats. Xstream box is connected to hdmi in on sound bar and soudbar to tv via arc. When I play contents from my laptop soundbar is able to pick up all formats.
For me kodi allowed passthrough working ac3 and dts

That is working for me too. I said true hd and dts hd. I had a nvidia shield which allowed kodi to passthrough both.
Xstream box has no support for dolby truehd/dts hdma passthrough. Forget what shows in the audio menu. With the latest firmware 2.2.2 update the audio manual option itself is removed

Xstream box has no support for dolby truehd/dts hdma passthrough. Forget what shows in the audio menu. With the latest firmware 2.2.2 update the audio manual option itself is removed
How did you get that firmware. When I complained about all my issues on twitter, I got a call back from airtel saying my box has no issues at all. I clearly stated the issues and even provided them with the screenshot. Even I tried a reset on the box and after that I on posted twitter to rwgister my cust id and rtn. You know what, it took 2 weeks for them to just add that to my account details page. Pathetic. Fedup with them.

Today I got the software updates, after that found no Dolby digital sound & manual setting on the sound mode, totally disappointment,now stereo sound only working in all speaker

Today I got the software updates, after that found no Dolby digital sound & manual setting on the sound mode, totally disappointment,now stereo sound only working in all speaker
I don't see any issues like that. Only Amazon Prime Video isn't producing Dolby, even after this update.

I don't see any issues like that. Only Amazon Prime Video isn't producing Dolby, even after this update.

Has Airtel started rolling out this 2.2.2 update to everyone. Is this the same update with recording feature enabled?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock