DDF Exclusive AXN SD & HD Discontinuing By Broadcaster wef 30th june 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was waiting for re-branding of AXN with this awesome logo, But unfortunately its shutting down :(
2nf660W.jpg

RKmqTp6.jpg
Anyway this logo is used only in Germany.

The reason is simple. Sony corp. Wants to separate sony entertainment from sony electronic. They are trying to sell their stakes to many companies. And reducing burdens
This is another reason why SPN desperately wants to find an Indian partner, whether Reliance/Network18 or someone else. Currently it is fully owned by the Sony Corporation and it might be trying to sell off loss-making subsidiaries.

Last edited:
The problem with TV content now a days is multi fold.

1. Most Hindi content is downright cringe and unbearable but due to lack of broadband penetration and abysmal LTE speeds, most people still stick with TV though.

2. I never watched or subscribed any English TV channel due to one main reason- Government censorship. I would rather give my money to online platforms that support Government censorship which ruins everything.

3. TRAI's NTO was another nightmare.

Indian English channels are finished. It will be surprising if the Hindi GEC survives next 5 years unless they mend their ways.
I still see TV viewing as the most comfortable means of getting entertainment. No buffering trouble, data caps, bla bla but content over the recent years leaves much to be desired.

The problem with TV content now a days is multi fold.

1. Most Hindi content is downright cringe and unbearable but due to lack of broadband penetration and abysmal LTE speeds, most people still stick with TV though.

2. I never watched or subscribed any English TV channel due to one main reason- Government censorship. I would rather give my money to online platforms that support Government censorship which ruins everything.

3. TRAI's NTO was another nightmare.

Indian English channels are finished. It will be surprising if the Hindi GEC survives next 5 years unless they mend their ways.
I still see TV viewing as the most comfortable means of getting entertainment. No buffering trouble, data caps, bla bla but content over the recent years leaves much to be desired.
I don't think there will be mass migration in india from tv to Ott. It will take 10 to 15 yrs to see proper changes like in us.
Also friends tv show is available on Netflix yet it gets good rating on tv. It's now the 3rd most watched show in english after impractical jokers and mom. So I don't think Ott is major effect for english . On other hand colors infinity airs shows that are not available in any OTT still can't beat comedy central ratings. So presentation matters here.

I don't think there will be mass migration in india from tv to Ott. It will take 10 to 15 yrs to see proper changes like in us.
Also friends tv show is available on Netflix yet it gets good rating on tv. It's now the 3rd most watched show in english after impractical jokers and mom. So I don't think Ott is major effect for english . On other hand colors infinity airs shows that are not available in any OTT still can't beat comedy central ratings. So presentation matters here.
The niche and English content viewers are moving to OTT platforms mostly, as they won't get the TV remote during prime hours to watch their niche channels. The family will occupy the living room with local language soaps running on TV.

They get Hollywood movies mostly from universal , Columbia and paramount
Small scale distribution from WB and disney
But sony pix have only few universal and WB movies.columbia pictures movies are brodcasting in &flix,and &flix is even worst nowdays

But sony pix have only few universal and WB movies.columbia pictures movies are brodcasting in &flix,and &flix is even worst nowdays
Columbia picture are distributed by sony pictures in Asia . And by 3rd party in india. Sony must first end it's distribution deal with zee and sun and rather take over direct distribution. WB has appointed viacom18 for its distribution. Viacom18 doesn't have a movie channel. So sony must make deal with viacom18 such that WB films are distributed to them.

Columbia picture are distributed by sony pictures in Asia . And by 3rd party in india. Sony must first end it's distribution deal with zee and sun and rather take over direct distribution. WB has appointed viacom18 for its distribution. Viacom18 doesn't have a movie channel. So sony must make deal with viacom18 such that WB films are distributed to them.
When will the deal with &flix and sony end?any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock