Status
Not open for further replies.

Shubh

Contributor
Reaction score
Baby TV will be discontinued on 13th March
lyU0WpS.jpg

Great all the channels which we can't subscribe should removed by Ts :ok2:

Useless channel. I dont think any kid watch this channel. Slow moving fish & bear all the time. I think they started this channel in test mode & have forgotten that this is on air.
It's an Asian feed so for us its like in test mode :lol:

Useless channel. I dont think any kid watch this channel. Slow moving fish & bear all the time. I think they started this channel in test mode & have forgotten that this is on air.

Actually indian kids have become accustomed to useless cartoons and animation that appreciation for meaningful fun filled content is hardly there. Ofcourse u r right indian kids do not watch Baby TV bcoz they have not been taught to grasp such stuff. Most Indian Kids r happy seeing Moti Patlu, Shiva, Oggy, etc. which have no story and hardly any enjoyment quotient.

I grew up watching Popeye, Scooby Doo, Chip n Dale, Swat Cats, Richie Rich, Dennis The Menace, Tale Spin, Duck Tales, Super Man, Aladdin, Little Mermaid etc. ... Watch these and compare with stuff shown on present kids channel, u will understand what i am trying to convey. Even Pingu which was a show for infants was much better than Motu Patlu. I almost cringe watching current desi toons, Shinchan/Doraemon/Ultra B/ which r Japanese toons r still much better

Actually indian kids have become accustomed to useless cartoons and animation that appreciation for meaningful fun filled content is hardly there. Ofcourse u r right indian kids do not watch Baby TV bcoz they have not been taught to grasp such stuff. Most Indian Kids r happy seeing Moti Patlu, Shiva, Oggy, etc. which have no story and hardly any enjoyment quotient.

I grew up watching Popeye, Scooby Doo, Chip n Dale, Swat Cats, Richie Rich, Dennis The Menace, Tale Spin, Duck Tales, Super Man, Aladdin, Little Mermaid etc. ... Watch these and compare with stuff shown on present kids channel, u will understand what i am trying to convey. Even Pingu which was a show for infants was much better than Motu Patlu. I almost cringe watching current desi toons, Shinchan/Doraemon/Ultra B/ which r Japanese toons r still much better
Yes i can completely agree with your post. Only God knows what future holds for kids channels. Even Pogo's Tiny TV segment which included Oswald, Bob the builder, Make Way for Noddy etc were also very good shows. They all had a moral story which had an impact on you. Now a days that's lacking and there's just no substance in these cringeworthy kids shows that you mentioned. Even Pingu was extremely fun to watch. My parents still remember that show despite not having watched for well over a decade. That just goes to show you a show will work even without dialogue! Those were the days. Then you had slightly mature shows like Johnny Bravo which i watched when i was like 8-9 without having a clue what his intentions were. As i grew up i realised that show was never meant for kids but still they ran such shows back then. Now if they showed it parents will start shouting at the broadcaster. Even Powerpuff girls, Dexter's Lab were more mature than kids shows of today.

As for Baby TV, good riddance. We've had multiple discussions over this and most find this channel to be useless and a shame in the name of kids channel.

Even standard & quality of shows on Hindi GEC has drastically gone down in past decade or so. In 90's or early 2000's TV shows from all genres were much better. Also back then we had just 4 or 5 movie channels but got to view wider variety of bollywood stuff than what is up for offer now across 15 or 20 channels.

Only genre which is at a better place is Music Genre though not airing old indi-pop songs has taken off some shine. Hope it makes a comeback soon like old film music did with launch of Mastiii in 2010

Yes i can completely agree with your post. Only God knows what future holds for kids channels. Even Pogo's Tiny TV segment which included Oswald, Bob the builder, Make Way for Noddy etc were also very good shows. They all had a moral story which had an impact on you. Now a days that's lacking and there's just no substance in these cringeworthy kids shows that you mentioned. Even Pingu was extremely fun to watch. My parents still remember that show despite not having watched for well over a decade. That just goes to show you a show will work even without dialogue! Those were the days. Then you had slightly mature shows like Johnny Bravo which i watched when i was like 8-9 without having a clue what his intentions were. As i grew up i realised that show was never meant for kids but still they ran such shows back then. Now if they showed it parents will start shouting at the broadcaster. Even Powerpuff girls, Dexter's Lab were more mature than kids shows of today.

As for Baby TV, good riddance. We've had multiple discussions over this and most find this channel to be useless and a shame in the name of kids channel.
Bachpan ki yaad aa gayi… :verysad2: In my childhood (2003–2006) some of the shows I remember that came on Pogo Tiny TV were Oswald, Barney & Friends, Pingu, Kipper and Miffy.

Good that Baby TV will be booted out of India soon. :clap2: :tup:

Even standard & quality of shows on Hindi GEC has drastically gone down in past decade or so. In 90's or early 2000's TV shows from all genres were much better. Also back then we had just 4 or 5 movie channels but got to view wider variety of bollywood stuff than what is up for offer now across 15 or 20 channels.

Only genre which is at a better place is Music Genre though not airing old indi-pop songs has taken off some shine. Hope it makes a comeback soon like old film music did with launch of Mastiii in 2010

For so many years Sony Max blew the trumpet that it was the ultimate Bollywood deewana channel. Look where it is now. :cf2:

Talking about indie music, there was a fully dedicated channel for it, Pepsi MTV Indies (that too in HD!). Today your only option is to watch Mathrubhumi's excellent channel, Kappa TV, which is unfortunately classed as a Malayalam channel but is one of the best music channels in the country and should be watched by any true lover of Indian music. Kudos to Mathrubhumi for launching this channel. :smile2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock