DDF Exclusive Baby TV will be discontinued on 13th March by TataSky

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 30
  • Views: Views 11,838
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Sad it's going to be discontinued from Tata Sky. This was the only meaningfull English medium channel for babies in India.
My 1year old loved this channel & we liked it too as it was pleasing to adult eyes & ears, But the other kids channel program are just intolerable!
Most of the desi channels content & their cartoons are nothing but CRAP. Kids will learn nothing good from them except cringy accents.

I hope I will find this channel in other network provider. Or else I will stick to YouTube Baby TV Untill I find an equally good substituting English baby channel for my baby.
Its HD feed will be available :ok2:

Guys i disagree as i feel we should not compare Baby TV with other cartoon channels.
Baby TV is meant only for small kids and its programming catering exclusively to children ages 6 months to 3 years old.
Once the Kid is more than 3 years they should switch to other channels..

coming to shut down of channel, its ok if it shuts down also as every one has YouTube access now and plenty of content available online for Babies to watch.
Exactly its meant for babies, & it has very good educational content

Useless channel. I dont think any kid watch this channel. Slow moving fish & bear all the time. I think they started this channel in test mode & have forgotten that this is on air.

As a Professional Animator/Graphic designer & an 'Art Director',
I can say that the 'Slow moving test program' you are referring to, is factually a PERFECT program to stimulates the babies Brain!
It has the right blend of various elements.....Music, Motion, Colours, Patterns, Textures, Characters, Gestures & Facial Expressions!
It is specifically made for babies around 6 months, Obviously adults wouldnt understand or enjoy.

My boy LOVED that show when he was 5 months, he used to laugh & enjoy seeing those characters move & smile (especially the cat & octopus). Later 'Puzzles' became his favourite program, then he moved to 'Train & Number', then to 'Big Bug Bands', now @16months he loves 'Charlie & Numbers'
And My nephew who grew up watching BabyTV, have a good command over English at just 4years of age.

So from my experience I can say, baby TV is a VERY GOOD educational channel in ENGLISH. It helps tiny developing brains to GRASP meaningful & knowledgeable content.
Since they have all kinda educational content & interesting shows that are specifically made for 3month babies to 3year toddler, No Indian channel can compete them now!

Last edited:
I can say that the 'Slow moving test program' you are referring to, is factually a PERFECT program to stimulates the babies Brain!
It has the right blend of various elements.....Music, Motion, Colours, Patterns, Textures, Characters, Gestures & Facial Expressions!
It is specifically made for babies around 6 months, Obviously adults wouldnt understand or enjoy.

My boy LOVED that show when he was 5 months, he used to laugh & enjoy seeing those characters move & smile (especially the cat & octopus). Later 'Puzzles' became his favourite program, then he moved to 'Train & Number', then to 'Big Bug Bands', now @16months he loves 'Charlie & Numbers'
And My nephew who grew up watching BabyTV, have a good command over English at just 4years of age.

So from my experience I can say, baby TV is a VERY GOOD educational channel in ENGLISH. It helps tiny developing brains to GRASP meaningful & knowledgeable content.
Since they have all kinda educational content & interesting shows that are specifically made for 3month babies to 3year toddler, No Indian channel can compete them now!

Good to know that this channel has specific age group viewers. When I showed this channel for the first time to my 1.5 years of daughter. First of all I got bored, withing next 10 mins my daughter moved from front of TV, but when I started bollywood songs it stimulated not only her brain but whole body 😁. Then I decided TV is not good for her at small age then we started playing with her more & telling stories, which she still enjoys now at 4.

You can watch Disney JR and Nick JR too. They have better shows like Dora the Explorer, Sofia the First and Paw Patrol. Even I enjoy those shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock