• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 30
  • Views: Views 11,837
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a strong feeling of baby tv rebranding as star movies kids

Last edited:
Bachpan ki yaad aa gayi… :verysad2: In my childhood (2003–2006) some of the shows I remember that came on Pogo Tiny TV were Oswald, Barney & Friends, Pingu, Kipper and Miffy.

Good that Baby TV will be booted out of India soon. :clap2::tup:

For so many years Sony Max blew the trumpet that it was the ultimate Bollywood deewana channel. Look where it is now. :cf2:

Talking about indie music, there was a fully dedicated channel for it, Pepsi MTV Indies (that too in HD!). Today your only option is to watch Mathrubhumi's excellent channel, Kappa TV, which is unfortunately classed as a Malayalam channel but is one of the best music channels in the country and should be watched by any true lover of Indian music. Kudos to Mathrubhumi for launching this channel. :smile2:

Credit goes to Sooryavansham :ROFLMAO:

Though everybody in the team of Sooryavansham was from the South, it was ultimately a Hindi movie. So it can also be put along with other so-called Deewane movies in the channel's library.

Credit also goes to bollywood for making trash movies with absolutely lose or vulgar stories, lack of good actors we had in past and disconnecting themselves with deewana fans who loved stuff connected with roots. All these obscene, foul content became part of most Bollywood Movies in name of reality which resulted in channels shying away from buying their rights, south indian movies on the other hand though over the top in many cases have continued quenching the thirst of masala movie lovers.

Sony has Max2 which is doing a great job in telecasting Bollywood Movies from past decades while Max airs popular latest bollywood + south indian cinema. All Sony needs to do is start a urban centric bollywood channel which should air bollywood movies from last 15 years

Though everybody in the team of Sooryavansham was from the South, it was ultimately a Hindi movie. So it can also be put along with other so-called Deewane movies in the channel's library.

Those were golden days when south indian directors or producers made Bollywood Movies, i have a big list of such wonderful movies created by them and still appreciated by everyone. Specially miss Priyadarshan Sir and Shankar Sir here.

Actually indian kids have become accustomed to useless cartoons and animation that appreciation for meaningful fun filled content is hardly there. Ofcourse u r right indian kids do not watch Baby TV bcoz they have not been taught to grasp such stuff. Most Indian Kids r happy seeing Moti Patlu, Shiva, Oggy, etc. which have no story and hardly any enjoyment quotient.

I grew up watching Popeye, Scooby Doo, Chip n Dale, Swat Cats, Richie Rich, Dennis The Menace, Tale Spin, Duck Tales, Super Man, Aladdin, Little Mermaid etc. ... Watch these and compare with stuff shown on present kids channel, u will understand what i am trying to convey. Even Pingu which was a show for infants was much better than Motu Patlu. I almost cringe watching current desi toons, Shinchan/Doraemon/Ultra B/ which r Japanese toons r still much better
Completely agree. Those old cartoons & quality is non comparable. Those characters & stories were written & created with lots of efforts & time & also by thinking from a child's perspective. I enjoy those cartoons even today along with my kid. Today's everything has become fast like fast food. Less efforts, less time, less quality.

Guys i disagree as i feel we should not compare Baby TV with other cartoon channels.
Baby TV is meant only for small kids and its programming catering exclusively to children ages 6 months to 3 years old.
Once the Kid is more than 3 years they should switch to other channels..

coming to shut down of channel, its ok if it shuts down also as every one has YouTube access now and plenty of content available online for Babies to watch.

So Sad it's going to be discontinued from Tata Sky. This was the only meaningfull English medium channel for babies in India.
My 1year old loved this channel & we liked it too as it was pleasing to adult eyes & ears, But the other kids channel program are just intolerable!
Most of the desi channels content & their cartoons are nothing but CRAP. Kids will learn nothing good from them except cringy accents.

I hope I will find this channel in other network provider. Or else I will stick to YouTube Baby TV Untill I find an equally good substituting English baby channel for my baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock