Discussion BARC Ratings | Week 35 (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
20200911-165654.jpg

So we can say that even after merger of sony/viacom18 they will find hard to beat zee nd star

Btw does anyone know zee network also include media news channel ??or it only add zee entertainment only
Higher rating of Star Plus and Star Utsav helped Star network to lead against Zee in overall viewership. Also Star Jalsha, Star Pravah & Suvarna improved. Otherwise it may stay at 20%. Anyway after IPL starts Star Network again raise its share.

Last edited:
Higher rating of Star Plus and Star Utsav helped Star network to lead against Zee in overall viewership. Also Star Jalsha, Star Pravah & Suvarna improved. Otherwise it may stay at 20%. Anyway after IPL Star Network again raise its share.
Last year only star lagged behind zee after and before ipl otherwise they always used to get no.1 position even without ipl now they achieved their position back evn withou ipl

Star nd zee always have tough fight with 1% diff star used to get around 24-25% nd zee used to get 23-24% nd during ipl star used to get 30% shares seems like this yr both failed by 3-4%

thequint-2018-06-9958a52d-781b-490f-9447-84e983929143-bq1.jpg

Zee Beats Star to Become the Most-Watched Entertainment Network

Last edited:
Star maa is also famous for non fictions but their fictions are also very popular
In my knowledge Star Maa is the only GEC which keeps a balance between Fiction, Non Fiction and Movies. Ofcourse they are aggressive about serials like any other GECs but at the same time they are focusing well on reality shows and movies too. If we check any other channels can find they are lagging behind competitors in atleast one category. Eg: Sun TV, Asianet weak in non fiction, Zee Kannada- Weak in movies.

Because there are shows like Bigg Boss and KBC which are Hit but in other languages except telugu Bigg Boss and KBC is shown on colors/sony.
Add malyalam also where asianet airs bigg boss

Star network channele are improving by showing the hit remake serials then showing new stories but other channels like Zee and colors have original content still they are behind star.
I feel sad for Colors Marathi, I don't know how it was on no.2 with good viewership before lockdown and see now it is going down day by day. Don't know when colors Marathi will get it's viewers back.
Zee has original content 😂 may be in Bangla and Marathi, but in south Zee channels, all are remakes of Zee Telugu serials mostly,few from other regional ones!
Star Jalsha airs many original content ! In terms of doing original and remake, both Star and Zee are the same !

Star maa is also famous for non fictions but their fictions are also very popular
Because there are shows like Bigg Boss and KBC which are Hit but in other languages except telugu Bigg Boss and KBC is shown on colors/sony.
Add malyalam also where asianet airs bigg boss
Star Vijay airs many reality and non fiction shows other than Bigg Boss!
Start Music, Cook with Comali,
Star Maa - airs only one non fiction in weekends, at 9 pm, of one goes offair, the other one comes.
Asianet too does the same!

But Star Vijay usually air 6 non fiction programs on weekends!
And for the past 4 weeks,Star vijay airs original non fiction programs from 12 noon to 10.30 pm on Sundays,
Usual programs between 12 noon to 2.30 pm and 6 pm to 10.30 pm.
Every week Sunday at 2.30 pm, they air different programs every week !

SunTV doesn't air any new non fiction programs after lockdown (airing repeats) ! Zee airs non fiction between 12 to 2.30 pm only on Sundays!

Star Vijay airs 12 hours of non fiction original programs every weekwnd for the past 3 weeks,they may continue this till Bigg Boss 4 comes, which is tentatively scheduled to launch on October 1st week!

I think like star maa asianet will also revamp as star asianet
I dont think they will revamp asianet as after revamping suvarna which was part of asianet it becomes flop so they are still adamant of revamping asianet as asianet brand have very deep impression on keralites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock