DDF Exclusive Barc Ratings | week 37 (2020)

Image-1600965430.jpg

StarVijay becomes the most watched channel in Urban Market Weekday Prime Timeband!
The credits goes to Pandian Stores(11.3 tvr) and Barathi Kannamma(12.9 tvr) which have scored the highest ever rating of Star Vijay ever!
Baakiyalakshmi (6.3 tvr) becomes the fourth
most watched program of Star Vijay in
Week 37,the third one being the climax
week of Mounaraagam!

Star vijay had scored 358 GRP (in
Weekday PrimeTime) out of 859 GRP
(overall week)!

Sun TV had scored 347 GRP out of1212 GRP in weekday PrimeTime Band!

ZeeTamil had scored 277 GRP out of
608 GRP in weekday prime time band!
All the above said GRPs are of Urban Data
of week 37
Highest Ever Star Vijay Rating is for Kadaikutty Singam premiere it seems it was 13.1

Highest Ever Star Vijay Rating is for Kadaikutty Singam premiere it seems it was 13.1
They are saying for weekdays fiction

Whereas last week vijay tv pandian stores 3hr special got 14+ rating which is higher than 13.1 it means they are saying for primetime weekday shows

They are saying for weekdays fiction

Whereas last week vijay tv pandian stores 3hr special got 14+ rating which is higher than 13.1 it means they are saying for primetime weekday shows
Ik about that. Vijay TV had better serials in the olden times as well. Kana Kaalum Kaalangal, Jenmam X, Lollu Sabha etc put Star Vijay in the map. Also it had rights of Nattuku Oru Nallavan, Sandhana Kaatru, Iruvar, Bharathi, Uzhavan , shared Pavalar Movies,Indran Chandran and Hollywood dub movies in those times.

No:1 serial of the week is Star Vijay's BharathiKannamma. This is very surprising that Star Vijay is shaking the barc charts in the recent weeks.
Last year Zee Tamil did the same. And that was a threat for Star Vijay during BB 3, to stay strong in 2nd spot. But now things become favourable for Vijay. Serials are doing best plus BB4 will give the channel at level best TRP.
That did not happen last year, that happened during 2018 when Star Vijay launched Bigg Boss 2!
During Bigg Boss 3, Star Vijay was very much ahead of Zee Tamil even before launching Bigg Boss since Zee Tamil was having some problems due to new TRAI rules and some issues with cable operators!

Star is doing perfectly in each & every market. I hope they just pay attention to their English cluster. Star has a potential to being at dominant position in English GECs segment. The only mistake is they are not utilising the content they have from their parent company. Just Bring ABC,FX Networks & FreeForm. If they utilised the content they will be a King!
PS. I many sound little bias for star but they need to make a comeback in English GEC strongly also how can we forget before Converting to hindi GEC star started their journey with StarPlus The First Private channel of India which was an English GEC. I have emotional connection with star 😊

Last edited:
The Number 1 and Number 2 positions in Tamil Urban markets have been bagged by Star Vijay's fictions #BarathiKannamma and #PandianStores ( weekday telecasts alone, without weekend airings of both serials and weekend movies of SunTV) !

Pandian Stores - 8 pm to 8.30 pm
Barathi Kannamma - 8.30 pm to 9.30 pm

Last week both shows were Urban slot leaders alone, but this week both shows have become Urban as well as Urban +Rural slot leaders!
For the very first time, SunTV has lost their leadership at 8pm!

This is the very first time that Star Vijay is achieving this much in fiction space after BARC era!

nSvLy2b.jpg

Last edited:
The Number 1 and Number 2 positions in Tamil Urban markets have been bagged by Star Vijay's fictions #BarathiKannamma and #PandianStores !

Last week both shows were Urban slot leaders alone, but this week both shows have become Urban as well as Urban +Rural slot leaders!
2 years back Suntv lost 8.30 to 9.30 leadership to ZeeTamil!
This is the very first time that Star Vijay is achieving this much in fiction space after BARC era!

nSvLy2b.jpg
Next week star vijay will rise even more as from this week they are telecasting pandian stores for 1hr

Next week star vijay will rise even more as from this week they are telecasting pandian stores for 1hr
Yeah may be, but I guess both serials will decrease somewhat since Star Vijay used to get high ratings only during peak tracks,! Now both serials especially Pandian Stores is going in a normal way! Waiting for next week ratings!

Also Star Vijay is all set to launch Bigg Boss Tamil 4 on October4! Waiting to see how it performes in rating charts!

The Number 1 and Number 2 positions in Tamil Urban markets have been bagged by Star Vijay's fictions #BarathiKannamma and #PandianStores ( weekday telecasts alone, without weekend airings of both serials and weekend movies of SunTV) !

2 years back Suntv lost 8.30 to 9.30 leadership to ZeeTamil!

nSvLy2b.jpg

If this continues StarVijay will beat Sun. Although what’s wrong with audience. I’m from north & I barely know Tamil market but as a audience I really like Vijay more than Sun not because of Star being my favourite network but they make good content & different which has not been shown in this industry. That’s why they fail to attract audiences. I hope starvijay grows more. I feel it’s time to break sun domination because I really don’t like the content sun tv is making. Many freinds of mine who is from Chennai they watch Vijay or Zee Tamil more than Sun.

Star india perfectly managed to make strong comeback in all regional markets
In hindi they managed to take no.1 position to much higher level
In telugu ,malayalam they are strong no.1 as always
In bengal they make bang on comeback as no.1
In tamil they dethroned sun tv in prime time to become no.1
In marathi they are giving tough competition to 7yr long leader zee marathi
In kannada they rised from decent level of 150k to 250k

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock