DDF Exclusive Barc Ratings | week 37 (2020)

Star is doing perfectly in each & every market. I hope they just pay attention to their English cluster. Star has a potential to being at dominant position in English GECs segment. The only mistake is they are not utilising the content they have from their parent company. Just Bring ABC,FX Networks & FreeForm. If they utilised the content they will be a King!
PS. I many sound little bias for star but they need to make a comeback in English GEC strongly also how can we forget before Converting to hindi GEC star started their journey with StarPlus The First Private channel of India which was an English GEC. I have emotional connection with star 😊
Personally I like Star for its amazing wave of early content in English but it's Hindi GEC content was not that good. I hated those Ekta Kapoor Shows right from the beginning. In this case I have a bias against Sony since they had superb Hindi content compared to Star and Zee that time. Dekh Bhai Dekh ,Chandrakanta (although syndicated from DD)but I watched on Sony, Family No 1, CID, Aahat, Shrimaan Shrimati All the latest Concerts of Lata Mangeshkar etc were aired on Sony.

People are tired to watch those mega serials by Sun. The only plus point Sun currently has its afternoon serials and movie library. Most of the ratings which Sun Gains is through Movies. People in TN are equally interested in serials as well as films. This is the aspect which Vijay TV earlier failed to replicate during the 2000s, because it had fewer films. In this case even Jaya gets better ratings than Zee Thirai because of its movies.

It is too hard to break Sun's monopoly as of now! Both Star and Zee lack in managing and acquiring movies !
Also Sun has planned to launch 5 to 6 new serials in upcoming months! Also this dominance of Star Vijay in 8 to 9.30pm wont last for longtime! Healthy competition going ahead in Tamil market!

I think Sun will launch many good serials in upcoming months . They have already faced such tough times and they have bounced back!
But the fact is Sun and Zee works hard than Sun !
Another thing is that all fictions of Sun are own! They don't get any good serials to remake from other Sun Channels as like Star and Zee get!

People are tired to watch those mega serials by Sun. The only plus point Sun currently has its afternoon serials and movie library. Most of the ratings which Sun Gains is through Movies. People in TN are equally interested in serials as well as films. This is the aspect which Vijay TV earlier failed to replicate during the 2000s, because it had fewer films. In this case even Jaya gets better ratings than Zee Thirai because of its movies.
Yeah I respect that! But Star journey for me hit different. Although I liked shows which was not produced by Ekta. One of the most favourite channels for me as a kid was StarOne.

It is too hard to break Sun's monopoly as of now! Both Star and Zee lack in managing and acquiring movies !
Also Sun has planned to launch 5 to 6 new serials in upcoming months! Also this dominance of Star Vijay in 8 to 9.30pm wont last for longtime! Healthy competition going ahead in Tamil market!

I think Sun will launch many good serials in upcoming months . They have already faced such tough times and they have bounced back!
Another thing is that all fictions of Sun are own! They don't get any good serials to remake from other Sun Channels as like Star and Zee get!
Sun tried experimenting last year with Rasaathi and Run but both of them were outright flops. Especially Run which was praised by many. Rasaathi was too hyped that's why I think it failed.

Yeah I respect that! But Star journey for me hit different. Although I liked shows which was not produced by Ekta. One of the most favourite channels for me as a kid was StarOne.
Star One was a mood, Remix, Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai, Khichidi all were amazing but when NDTV imagine entered the game Star One literally lost the plot

Yeah! I know that. But nothing is impossible right? If they’re doing hardwork so one day they will get the results but as a audience we need to support them. Specially Zee & Star.

Yeah! I know that. But nothing is impossible right? If they’re doing hardwork so one day they will get the results but as a audience we need to support them. Specially Zee & Star.
Zee and Star although may get mileage, But I think with next year coming in the elections Kalaignar TV has a good chance of revival. The Vijaylakshmi Show on Kalaignar was actually a good attempt.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock