BARC Ratings Week 38 (2020)

• Thread starter Iamhcb
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 166
  • Views: Views 18,731
The KBC Marathi show may come in Marathi on Star Pravah if not bigg boss then! May be they will acquire Bigg Boss (Colors Marathi) or KBC (Sony Marathi) in future if they become a successful channel
KBC in any of the languages on Star Network? Nope, Not Happening. Sony completley owns the format through their Sony Next Productions. BB can telecast if star pay more money than V18. KBC is not possible although Disney's ABC airs the original Who Wants To Be Millionaire in the USA.

You Know the concept is boaring now. I have left watching KBC hindi many years back! I don't understand why it's still running on TV Screens.
Yes, KBC has become outdated now!!
But every time, it always works as a game changer for Sony and pushes its ratings. There are many people who are addicted to this show.
So, Sony won't end this show so easily!!

May be it's unsuccessful on Colors Bangla channel.
Yes, unfortunately, both seasons on Colors Bangla failed. Not because of channel, but the concept. Bengali audience like more of songs and shows based on such. As a result of which Zee Bangla SaReGaMaPa has become a great hit, and a legacy, as well as Star Jalsha's recently aired Super Singer was also a hit.
Apart from singing competition shows, Bengalis love cooking shows and competitive and gossip shows.
Bigg Boss Bangla 3 won't work even if it shifts to Star Jalsha.

Yes, unfortunately, both seasons on Colors Bangla failed. Not because of channel, but the concept. Bengali audience like more of songs and shows based on such. As a result of which Zee Bangla SaReGaMaPa has become a great hit, and a legacy, as well as Star Jalsha's recently aired Super Singer was also a hit.
Apart from singing competition shows, Bengalis love cooking shows and competitive and gossip shows.
I already assumed that Bigg Boss Bengali not successful. What about KBC is it there in Bengali? It's in Marathi on Sony Marathi.

Yes I saw the promo of Superstar Singer of Star Jalsha there are all Hindi judges and mostly there are Hindi songs, I doubt it is a Hindi show or Bengali show !

But every time, it always works as a game changer for Sony and pushes its ratings. There are many people who are addicted to this show.
So, Sony won't end this show so easily!!
Till Amitabh Sir will be Hosting KBC, there will always be huge craze for it, but yes if he decides to quit the show as a host of KBC in the future then I don't think that there will much craze for Kbc. Because KBC without Amitabh sir is incomplete.

Last edited:
Yes! So True. STAR can handle BB Property better than V18. Viacom has good relationships with endemol but Let's be real star has more good one because endemol was once their sister company. If i was in Disney's place i would buyed the other 50% stake & ofcourse it would become 100% disney owned company so they would have so many reality tv shows rights. That's the stupidest thing they've done by selling it.
The sale was already in talks when Disney acquired Endemol Shine. Any company would not overpay for a company even of they are the promoters. Disney did the same with Sky as well, they bid what they think Sky is worth, but Comcast went all in, now seeing many business reporters reporting that Sky Takeover by Comcast is an obsolute failure as traditional business of Sky is in decline.

The sale was already in talks when Disney acquired Endemol Shine. Any company would not overpay for a company even of they are the promoters. Disney did the same with Sky as well, they bid what they think Sky is worth, but Comcast went all in, now seeing many business reporters reporting that Sky Takeover by Comcast is an obsolute failure as traditional business of Sky is in decline.
I know that they were in talks of endemol sale even before the Fox Deal closed, just thought for a moment & look at the positive side of the deal if they buyed the remaining stake as well, they would have lots of international reach where Disney doesn't even exist. While Disney was eager to sell off the business, whose adult-oriented IP was seemingly at sharp odds with the Mouse House’s family-friendly branding, they should have second thoughts about Endemol Shine’s place within its wider portfolio, particularly given it's operational control of Handmaid's Tale and Four Wedding. which is to host Disney’s more risqué offerings.Endemol was a key assets of Fox which for me was a big mistake by disney side. Although we should now stop the Endemol-Disney Talks. Disney has sold the company,endemol is owned by banijay. Stupid to talk about this thing now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock