BARC Ratings Week 38 (2020)

• Thread starter Iamhcb
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 166
  • Views: Views 18,834
I think Bigg Boss is working much better for Star (Vijay, Maa and Asianet) than for Viacom18 (Colors Hindi, Kannada and Marathi). If Star Jalsha can get the Bengali rights I think it will work wonders for Star.

At this point Colors Hindi is simply riding off the reputation of the Bigg Boss brand and it is overdependent on BB. This strategy is not going to work in the long run for either Hindi or Marathi.
Both Seasons of Bigg boss Marathi is successful shows other then CHYD.

Yes! So True. STAR can handle BB Property better than V18. Viacom has good relationships with endemol but Let's be real star has more good one because endemol was once their sister company. If i was in Disney's place i would buyed the other 50% stake & ofcourse it would become 100% disney owned company so they would have so many reality tv shows rights. That's the stupidest thing they've done by selling it.
Agree with you....disney shoul have buyed other 50% stakes of endemol

I think Bigg Boss is working much better for Star (Vijay, Maa and Asianet) than for Viacom18 (Colors Hindi, Kannada and Marathi). If Star Jalsha can get the Bengali rights I think it will work wonders for Star.

At this point Colors Hindi is simply riding off the reputation of the Bigg Boss brand and it is overdependent on BB. This strategy is not going to work in the long run for either Hindi or Marathi.
Don't know about hindi but in Marathi and Kannada it's rocking 🤘. In Marathi it's both seasons are successful and is no.1 Non-Fiction after CHYD. What about bengali bigg boss? I never heard about it! May be it's unsuccessful on Colors Bangla channel.

Don't know about hindi but in Marathi and Kannada it's rocking 🤘. In Marathi it's both seasons are successful and is no.1 Non-Fiction after CHYD. What about bengali bigg boss? I never heard about it! May be it's unsuccessful on Colors Bangla channel.
Yes in bigg boss is the biggest asset of v18 . It has boosted voot. I didn't see hotstar much involving in bb like voot did.

Yes in bigg boss is the biggest asset of v18 . It has boosted voot. I didn't see hotstar much involving in bb like voot did.
Yes hotstar didnt care for bigg boss much as they are mostly involves with hbo shows,sports etc. whereas voot cares for bigg boss a lot.....but more than marathi, kannada and except few seasons in hindi(bb11,bb13,bb8,bb7) i felt bb is more successful on star channels in south.
in south they are successful in all seasons maybe because tv penetration is high in south compared to north

You know why voot promotes BB? Because Voot is one of the most weak ott Platform. Bigg Boss Hindi is the only way to create revenue. Comparing it with Hotstar is a big mistake. As it's a market leader in ott they have tons of indian & international content which compete with Amazon & Netflix. If anybody think that Disney's is competing with ViacomCBS or Universal or Warner then you're absolutely wrong because they're already a market leader in their existing business. They're only focusing now on Disney+, ESPN+, hulu, Hotstar & ofcourse the upcoming Star Service.

Among Regional BB shows, Tamil,Telugu & Malayalam has got ratings more than any other regional language it's a fact. I'm not saying that all BB should come to Star Channels only but the format bb is based on has worked out much better in favor of Star, i agree colors has expanded bb in to regional language & that's a lesson for Star, they understanded the potential of this show.

Among Regional BB shows, Tamil,Telugu & Malayalam has got ratings more than any other regional language it's a fact. I'm not saying that all BB should come to Star Channels only but the format bb is based on has worked out much better in favor of Star, i agree colors has expanded bb in to regional language & that's a lesson for Star, they understanded the potential of this show.
The KBC Marathi show may come in Marathi on Star Pravah if not bigg boss then! May be they will acquire Bigg Boss (Colors Marathi) or KBC (Sony Marathi) in future if they become a successful channel

The KBC Marathi show may come in Marathi on Star Pravah if not bigg boss then! May be they will acquire Bigg Boss (Colors Marathi) or KBC (Sony Marathi) in future if they become a successful channel
That concept won't be a big hit in regional languages! Its a wonder how it manages to get fantastic ratings in Hindi!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock