BARC Ratings Week 38 (2020)

• Thread starter Iamhcb
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 166
  • Views: Views 18,657
they should have second thoughts about Endemol Shine’s place within its wider portfolio, particularly given it's operational control of Handmaid's Tale and Four Wedding. which is to host Disney’s more risqué offerings.Endemol was a key assets of Fox which for me was a big mistake by disney side. Although we should now stop the Endemol-Disney Talks. Disney has sold the company,endemol is owned by banijay. Stupid to talk about this thing now.
What are you referring in The Handmaid's Tale and Four Wedding and a Funeral?? They are owned by MGM. Also They are happily getting north of $1 billion on Endemol now. All the show's they might have got, Disney would still have to pay. Simply put the intrest money they would get on this transaction will be enough to pay Endemol for rights of these shows. Anyhow its not like because Disney owns they will get hold of all the rights, all the pre existing deals should have to be honoured.

And main agenda of that acquisition to get hold of Star, Sky and Fox Television assets like FX, Nat Geo and TV Studios. Sky they lost because they don't want to over pay for it,simply because it makes easy for them launch Disney+.

Last edited:
Yeah that thing I also don't like. But the thing is that Bengali people are very much attached to Bollywood. That's the thing. 😃
I think Sa Re Ga Ma Pa show of Zee Bangla is also same like Star Jalsha show. It too has hindi Judges and may be they don't know & speak Bengali so they sing hindi songs only!
Because of hindi music the Bengali music is lagging behind.

I think Sa Re Ga Ma Pa show of Zee Bangla is also same like Star Jalsha show. It too has hindi Judges and may be they don't know & speak Bengali so they sing hindi songs only!
Because of hindi music the Bengali music is lagging behind.
The Bengali Film and Music industry had seen it's downfall since 2000s (commercially). Nowadays, people don't look much to Bengali music as a result, which has resulted in Bengali singing competition shows featuring Hindi songs.

The Bengali Film and Music industry had seen it's downfall since 2000s (commercially). Nowadays, people don't look much to Bengali music as a result, which has resulted in Bengali singing competition shows featuring Hindi songs.
The Bengali movies are not successful but the Bengali serials and mostly from Star Jalsha channel serials stories are too successful that they are remaked in other Languages.

The Bengali movies are not successful but the Bengali serials and mostly from Star Jalsha channel serials stories are too successful that they are remaked in other Languages.
Bengali serials are a bigger hit than Bengali movies. As people go for entertainment via TV Channels, and not for theatres showing Bengali movies. Hence the result.

Bengali serials are a bigger hit than Bengali movies. As people go for entertainment via TV Channels, and not for theatres showing Bengali movies. Hence the result.
Also, Star Jalsha hardly ever showed movies until 2018, and even then only on Sundays. Monday to Saturday only serials. Midnight to midnight; no teleshopping, bhakti shows, etc.

In 2019 there were several movie premieres but not this year.

Last edited:
Also, Star Jalsha hardly ever showed movies until 2018, and even then only on Sundays. Monday to Saturday only serials. Midnight to midnight; no teleshopping, bhakti, etc.

In 2019 there were several movie premieres but not this year.
Same with Star Pravah. Still they have shown some premiere movies before some months.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock