BARC Ratings Week 38 (2020)

• Thread starter Iamhcb
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 166
  • Views: Views 18,835
all top 5 channels are of star cause of ipl.
[/QUOTE]
Also i want to ask how all 5 channels are on top 5 because of IPL? Leave StarSports Hindi that's understandable. But StarPlus,Maa,Ustav? They are in top 5 Because of IPL? By when they started airing IPL? I don't know why in this forum most of people have problems with STAR. Just because you're favourites aren't on top?

So when did I mentioned that they have entered in top all of a sudden??
I simply mentioned that in sports category all top 5 channels are of star sports and in other genres they are doing really well.
U simply made a total different meaning of my comment. Plus I have never ever mentioned star utsav star maa or any other regional category. I simply mentioned about the Hindi movies, and sports category.I never spoke on gec or any other regional category
You were the one saying STAR channels came in top 5 because of IPL? By when StarPlus,Maa,Ustav broadcasting IPL?

Odia channel Tarang has a great domination in Odia market. Also, notably the Odia dubbed versions of Star Plus and Star Jalsha airing on Tarang TV are a big hit. So, it may be guessed that Star enters Odia market by acquisition/partnership with Tarang TV like it did with Vijay/Maa/Suvarna/Asianet TV(s).
Depends on whether Ortel Communications (which owns Tarang and 4 other channels) is willing to be acquired by Star. Ortel is to Odisha as PTC is to Punjab. They are practically the only competitor to Zee Sarthak and Zee Punjabi respectively. Colors Odia is negligible and Manjari has barely launched.

Depends on whether Ortel Communications (which owns Tarang and 4 other channels) is willing to be acquired by Star. Ortel is to Odisha as PTC is to Punjab. They are practically the only competitor to Zee Sarthak and Zee Punjabi respectively. Colors Odia is negligible and Manjari has barely launched.
Let's see if Star acquires it. I hope that would be better, as you can see how Star Vijay has improved. Star brand is becoming more successful. For PTC, I don't think Star would invest because that would be a competition for their own Hindi GECs, which they won't want certainly.

Last edited:
PTC is punjabi right so how it give competition to Star? Veer bro?

PTC is punjabi right so how it give competition to Star? Veer bro?
I told that Star won't invest to acquire/do partnership with PTC to give competition to Zee Punjabi. Because it may prove harmful for Star Plus & Star Utsav, which are leading, and Star Bharat, which is having a hard time fetching good TRP.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock