BARC Ratings Week 45 (2020)

• Thread starter Thread starter veer32564
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 63
  • Views Views: Views 7,740
Colors Bangla HD ought to shut down. There will be only two deserving Bengali GECs in HD and one (Sun Bangla) in SD that looks almost like HD. Nothing else is required.
Couldn't agree more :hs:
The channel was the only one in Bangla genre which left shows incomplete, and didn't bring them back after the lockdown. All other Bangla shows were returned. Also, nowadays, Sun Bangla is coming up with so good content, they deserve to be in 3rd position, as well as HD. Let's see what happens. 😊

Listen First thing Maharashtra is not a North Indian state. Earlier it was a South Indian state but after 1950 when States formed it became a Western State. But culturally Maharashtra is close to South India more with Karnataka and less with Andhra. (May be you dont know this as you may be hindi speaker)
• Second thing Unlike other South States in Maharashtra in many Villages their are no cable connections so the shop owners sell them free dish and village people install dd free dish and unwantedly they get crap hindi channels and they miss their own mother tongue aka Marathi channels.
Also Maharashtra is a big state and mumbai is a cosmopolitan city where daily many people come and earn.
• Third thing I live in Pune here and also in my Hometown in Satara no one watches hindi channels other then Telugu dubbed movies, mostly here people watch Marathi channels and movies
• Only in villages people watch South dubbed movies or else in cities like Mumbai people move towards hindi movies, not TV channels always as we Marathi people don't feel anything culturally similar to us on that hindhi/urdu channels.
In coming days Marathi people will watch only and only Marathi channels. Just wait and watch.
If you don't want that it should happen then do what you want!
Image-1606039809.jpg

Check this....in MH ppl watches hindi more than marathi....hindi channels viewership share is 60% whereas marathi share is 30% only....even if you leave mumbai/goa then also hindi channels viewership share is very very significant.....and im saying it with not like just because my neighbourhood ppl watches hindi/marathi
Image-1606039848.jpg

Look UP is second highest contributor to hindi channel but still behind MH in contributing viewership to hindi channels
Above mentioned numbers are in viewing billion minutes
MH contribution to hindi channels is 4115 bn minutes
MH contribution to marathi channels is 2048bn minutes
UP contribution to hindi channels is 3053 bn minutes

now im presenting proofs because you always denies to accept that marathi people also watches hindi channels....look even if you leave mega cities like mumbai/goa (state) then also there are significant no. Of ppl who watches hindi channels which causes MH to become no.1 contributor to hindi channels viewership

Source- these above images are from "What India Watched 2019 BARC" pdf report you can check it on google

Image-1606039809.jpg

Check this....in MH ppl watches hindi more than marathi....hindi channels viewership share is 60% whereas marathi share is 30% only....even if you leave mumbai/goa then also hindi channels viewership share is very very significant.....and im saying it with not like just because my neighbourhood ppl watches hindi/marathi
Image-1606039848.jpg

Look UP is second highest contributor to hindi channel but still behind MH in contributing viewership to hindi channels

now im presenting proofs because you always denies to accept that marathi people also watches hindi channels....look even if you leave mega cities like mumbai/goa (state) then also there are significant no. Of ppl who watches hindi channels which causes MH to become no.1 contributor to hindi channels viewership

Source- these above images are from "What India Watched 2019 BARC" pdf report you can check it on google
I completely agree that some areas of MH may prefer Hindi channels more while others like Pune prefer Marathi channels. The fact is that both Marathi and Hindi channels are exceedingly popular in MH. A great contribution to the Hindi channel viewership comes from the Mumbai City and Suburban districts including Thane, Navi Mumbai, Kalyan-Dombivli and other places.

Your debate reminds me of the story of the blind men and the elephant. Some feel only the trunk of the elephant, others the tusks, and still others the legs. But the elephant is the same. Similarly, the single state of Maharashtra has a big contribution to Marathi, Hindi, Konkani and South Indian channels, among others.

Hope @Rockyy bro understands now.

Colors Bangla has lost the game. I don't know why it is getting more ratings than Sun Bangla, which has original and better content. Don't know how Colors Bangla comes in Top 5, even when it doesn't come up with new original content.
Colors Bangla regularly airs movies, whereas Sun Bangla don't have a single Bangla movie in their library, all they have is dubbed ones. So that's why CB gets more ratings than SB.

Colors Bangla HD ought to shut down. There will be only two deserving Bengali GECs in HD and one (Sun Bangla) in SD that looks almost like HD. No other Bengali channel needs HD.*

*Other than Zee Bangla Cinema (but it is mostly a dubbed movie channel).
Zee Bangla Cinema has a very good library of Old Bengali movies from the Golden periods of the industry (like Satyajit Ray, Uttam Kumar, Soumitra Chatterjee, etc). So that's why elders like that channel very much.

Image-1606039809.jpg

Image-1606039848.jpg
Seeing this, I guessed that Hindi GEC viewership might be more or equal to Bangla GECs in Bengal. But lo, I was surprised. :skd:Bangla content has twice the viewership as of Hindi content in Bengal, thanks to hard works and efforts of Star Jalsha, Zee Bangla and Jalsha Movies, among others.

wnh4iXJ.jpg

And the reason for me guessing so was, StarPlus was so well received among Bengali audience in the last decade and afterwards, but now, I guess, people would see Star Jalsha and Zee Bangla more.

Colors Bangla has lost the game. I don't know why it is getting more ratings than Sun Bangla, which has original and better content. Don't know how Colors Bangla comes in Top 5, even when it doesn't come up with new original content.
Colors Bangla is ahead of Sun Bangla because it airs good hindi dubbed serials and may be people like to watch dubbed serials more then Sun Bangla original serials. May be after New serials on Sun Bangla it will be ahead of Colors Bangla which airs only and only dubbed content.

Image-1606039809.jpg

Image-1606039848.jpg

I am not telling this seeing my neighbors, Marathi channels get more viewership from 'Pashchim Maharashtra' as most of the serials are from here. So hindi tv channels are not found here. Agree or not but i have seen in Pune and Satara Marathi Channels viewership is more and hindi is not found here.

Image-1606039809.jpg

Image-1606039848.jpg

You have shown this images of 2019.

This year Marathi channels viewership has increased a lot.

Before the Serials came at that time Marathi movies were most watched and both Zee Talkies, Shemaroo along with Fakt Marathi were getting good trp. (Came in one news article)

But after Serials started the game changed.
Now Marathi serials are most watched and Marathi channels and serials is getting good viewership and Movie channels TRP has decreased because of it!

Earlier Zee Talkies, Shemaroo and Fakt Marathi this 3 channels were getting above 100k+ impressions but now they are not crossing 100k bcz audience moved to Serials (mostly on Star Pravah) same like bengali genre where Movies channel never or hardly cross 100k is happening now with Marathi genre or else Zee Talkies would get 100-180k impressions very easily. Even Fakt Marathi and Shemaroo Marathi easily crossed 100k+.

Colors Bangla is ahead of Sun Bangla because it airs good hindi dubbed serials and may be people like to watch dubbed serials more then Sun Bangla original serials. May be after New serials on Sun Bangla it will be ahead of Colors Bangla which airs only and only dubbed content.
That's the reason once the Tamil TV industry had stood up to ban dubbed serials, because original serials were losing to Tamil dub. I think the time has come in Bangla TV industry too...

Back
Top Bottom