Discussion Bengali Serials & Reality Shows Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Riddhiman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,178
  • Views Views: Views 192,413
If you add up top 5 of Bangla and Marathi channels AMA, total of Marathi is more, much more. Marathi audiences in Maharashtra have shifted to their mother tongue much. This year, Marathi market may beat Bangla market.
Here also most of the people nowadays watch only Bangla serials and have completely stopped watching Hindi serials, except few like TMKOC.
Most of the people here now watch Hindi GECs only for non fictions like Bigg Boss, KBC, Singing and Dancing shows, and TMKOC, and for serials they watch Bangla channels mostly, unlike earlier times.

No way. Kharkuto and KoraPakhi are as much same as much SMNKA and AKKK.
Imlie is remake of old serial Ishti Kutum. (STAR Plus earlier remade it as Mohi which flopped).
Definitely Kharkuto should be remade/revised. It will be very good content to watch.
As of now Khorkuto is going very good, it is the only Bangla TV show which I watch currently. Let's see how long they can keep the positivity and happiness in the show. The only reason due to which I and many others like the show is presence of no negative charectors (except 1) in the show.

As of now Khorkuto is going very good, it is the only Bangla TV show which I watch currently. Let's see how long they can keep the positivity and happiness in the show. The only reason due to which I and many others like the show is presence of no negative charectors (except 1) in the show.
I love the show. It's really good and positive.

Ananya character may leave the show, because that actress is in upcoming Jalsha serial Desher Maati.

Here also most of the people nowadays watch only Bangla serials and have completely stopped watching Hindi serials, except few like TMKOC.
Most of the people here now watch Hindi GECs only for non fictions like Bigg Boss, KBC, Singing and Dancing shows, and TMKOC, and for serials they watch Bangla channels mostly, unlike earlier times.
True. My grandmother watches Sony TV for Indian Idol and Super Dancer, but otherwise only Bengali channels. Historically my family has been heavily biased towards Zee Bangla for both fiction and non-fiction, but nowadays not so much. In fact, she used to watch Super Singer Junior on Star Jalsha.

True. My grandmother watches Sony TV for Indian Idol and Super Dancer, but otherwise only Bengali channels. Historically my family has been heavily biased towards Zee Bangla for both fiction and non-fiction, but nowadays not so much. In fact, she used to watch Super Singer Junior on Star Jalsha.
I saw that singing show ( not junior) of Jalsha and it was good but it was more hindi show then Bengali show as mostly their were only hindi songs!

Last edited:

Same is going in Maharashtra here people used to watch both Marathi and hindi channels for serials earlier as hindi channels like Zee and Colors used to have Marathi background serials but now it's not or less so Mostly Marathi people will watch Marathi serials and channels ( mostly Star Pravah and also Zee Marathi). People will watch both Marathi and hindi channels for good non fictions. like in hindi for mostly Singing Shows of Sony or Zee or Tarak Mehta but for serials they will mostly prefer Marathi channels not like earlier when Marathis were bilingual for serials.

but it was more hindi show then Bengali show as mostly their were only hindi songs!
As because Bengali people watch more Bollywood movies than Tollywood nowadays. This is also the reason behind the bad performance of Bangla movie channels other than Jalsha Movies, and also less availability of Bengali Movies in otts like Amazon unlike other Indian languages.

As because Bengali people watch more Bollywood movies than Tollywood nowadays. This is also the reason behind the bad performance of Bangla movie channels other than Jalsha Movies, and also less availability of Bengali Movies in otts like Amazon unlike other Indian languages.

Marathi movie industry is far ahead of bengali movie industry and is successful but it has to compete with Hindi movie industry which is really very difficult.

Marathi movies channel viewership was earlier high and even now it's decreased only bcz of serials and shows or else earlier it was never below 100k impressions.
That's why Marathi movies channels like Zee Talkies was getting above 150k impressions and Shemaroo Marathibana and also Fakt Marathi ( bcz of more number of movie programming then serials) were getting above 100k impressions.
Only bcz of Hit and good serials and after lockdown Marathi movie channels viewership got decreased as that audience moved to Serials and Shows or else unlike other language Markets in Marathi in Top 5 channels the Top 1 Channel used to get Highest and good Viewership but the viewership was distributed in Movie channels and Entertainment channels ( Only leaving channels i.e. Star & Colors earlier).

People of Maharashtra are bilingual for Movies for Telugu/Hindi/English language movies along with Marathi movies. That's why Marathi Movie industry is lagging behind.

Still in Marathi singing shows there are mostly Marathi Songs of Movies and also some albums.
Even hindi songs are there but not much like Bangla singing shows.

Back
Top Bottom