Can i run SD package in HD set top box?

Reaction score
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Good Evening to all of you.

I am using videocon new diamond package on SD set top box. A videocond2h engineer is giving me this offer:

Pay for six months advance Rs 2040 and he will give me HD set top box free of cost which will have 1 year warranty. For 24 hours, i will be using gold sports HD and after that he says he can switch me to new diamond package which comes in SD. The reason is i need new diamond package because it has english movies in it.

So here are my 2 doubts:

1) Can i use SD channel package on HD set top box?

2) Is it possible to change from Gold sports HD to new diamond package after 24 hours?

This deal is good for me because:

1) I will get brand new HD set top box with 1 year warranty. My warranty has expired in SD set up box and any engineer visit will be chargeable if some error comes in SD set top box.

2) As per videocond2h engineer, videocon is phasing out all SD set top boxes because issues keep cropping up in those SD set top boxes. I do have faced errors and smart card problems in past.

3) I have to renew it next month and i normally renew it for 6 months. So it is like a totally free upgrade for me.

Please advise.

Yes you can. Go with the latest d2h 2222 HD stb.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Thank you Bapun Raz. I think they will not give HD recorder STB. It is a normal HD STB. I will confirm from the engineer tommorow.

I have just called videocond2h customer care. They said i will not be able to change the package from gold sports HD to new diamond (Both cost Rs 340.45). I can only upgrade to platinum (Rs 395.51) but i can not change the package to a lower package or even at same rate package. Only upgrade is allowed.

So i have to enjoy gold sports HD for six months and then i will be able to change the package.

I will speak to the videocond2h engineer tomorrow regarding this. Because of their incentives, they leave no stone unturned to upgrade customers. It is a good offer but i need to understand its DNA fully before going for it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock