Chennai DAS Updates.

I strongly believe, VK and SCV will switch off analogue soon (mostly from oct 1) and ask customer to get STB (free or lesser cost) and try to dominate their presence in chennai region and also obey center's order.
Arasu has to take steps (atleast now) and distribute STBs as fast as possible, i yet to heard any news about STB distribution.

I really want them to switch off analogue and if my LCO does not provide me a good service (I want all english channels within Rs 200-250 max and STB replacement guarentee) i mostly would connect my broadband to my TV's and right from Puthiya Thalaimurai to all news channels are available live also all serials too are online so my family will surely not miss cable.

As far was i know Arasu is nowhere to be found in Chennai and no news about the STB distribution. And to add to the worse, my LCO is connected with VK Digital who does not even display the STB cost and seems to dont care about their subscribers. Every day one channel or the other goes missing and unlike SCV they cant even provide free STB. Without free STB most subscribers wont change to DAS as they already know about Arasu's free STB and LCO's as usual will try to buy more time by switching from one MSO to the other.

I just read from another thread where dinee says TCCL is offering free HD STB in his area so mostly subscribers will move to DAS as TCCL has excellent subscription packs but nothing happening with VK.

I really want them to switch off analogue and if my LCO does not provide me a good service (I want all english channels within Rs 200-250 max and STB replacement guarentee) i mostly would connect my broadband to my TV's and right from Puthiya Thalaimurai to all news channels are available live also all serials too are online so my family will surely not miss cable.

As far was i know Arasu is nowhere to be found in Chennai and no news about the STB distribution. And to add to the worse, my LCO is connected with VK Digital who does not even display the STB cost and seems to dont care about their subscribers. Every day one channel or the other goes missing and unlike SCV they cant even provide free STB. Without free STB most subscribers wont change to DAS as they already know about Arasu's free STB and LCO's as usual will try to buy more time by switching from one MSO to the other.

I just read from another thread where dinee says TCCL is offering free HD STB in his area so mostly subscribers will move to DAS as TCCL has excellent subscription packs but nothing happening with VK.

who told and where u say SCV provides Free STB? Not all SCV LCOs providing free stb . VK and SCV analog channel list atmost same, and both removing the channels by their own choice

I think mostly by October this might be fixed as there are over 30 lac households in Chennai alone under analogue which accounts for a minimum of 39 Crore in business every month (Rs 130 per connection) which is around 6 crore in GST alone (468 crore revenue per yr with over 72 crore in GST) which is not a small thing to ignore, so mostly steps will be taken to fix this.

By waiting more and more Arasu will be losing around 20-30 crore of revenue (post LCO share) every month from Chennai alone which i dont think they might want to. The same goes to SCV & VK who are currently controlling Chennai, they cant miss this lion share in their revenue. Mostly everyone will come with one plan or the other to lure both the LCO's and public to go DAS.
I think mostly by October this might be fixed as there are over 30 lac households in Chennai alone under analogue which accounts for a minimum of 39 Crore in business every month (Rs 130 per connection) which is around 6 crore in GST alone (468 crore revenue per yr with over 72 crore in GST) which is not a small thing to ignore, so mostly steps will be taken to fix this.

By waiting more and more Arasu will be losing around 20-30 crore of revenue (post LCO share) every month from Chennai alone which i dont think they might want to. The same goes to SCV & VK who are currently controlling Chennai, they cant miss this lion share in their revenue. Mostly everyone will come with one plan or the other to lure both the LCO's and public to go DAS.

While I agree that considerable revenue is to be realised, but Chennai numbers doesn't seems realistic.. Approx 10M (1Cr) population of Chennai resides around ~4M households. Considering TV penetration is 80%, 3.2M household watching TV and out of that already ~65% is digitilized, so left over in Chennai will be ard ~1M only. Yet it is considerable revenue as Chennai ARPU will be higher ard Rs.250per user.
The left area of TN is much higher volumes...

MIB 10 Dys Analogue Switch-off Deadline Countdown
5 Dys (3 business days) Over & Analogue Still ON
30 Sep 2017

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing will happen in 5 days...
as usual arasu will ask 3-6 months for digitization.

Yes, atleast we will have a note of how many such deadlines were crossed and how Chennai became the only Metro and State capital to officially have atleast a Million Analogue home.

But one thing we have to understand, till now Arasu DAS application delay was the only thing that made court to allow Analogue in Chennai which the other private MSO's utilised. Now after Arasu getting DAS license nothing should be on the way to force DAS on Chennai.

MIB 10 Dys Analogue Switch-off Deadline Countdown
7 Dys (3 business days) Over & Analogue Still ON in Chennai
02 Oct 2017

Last edited:
hqdefault.jpg

• 19 April 2017: TRAI grants Arasu DAS license on with a condition to go digitise completely within 3 months (before 17 July 2017).
  • 06 June 2017: Arasu requested for 3 month extension (till 17 Oct 2017) for both procuring and distributing STB.
  • 21 June 2017: TRAI denied request and gave 1 month extension and demanded DAS implementation by 17 Aug 2017, failing which registration may be suspended/revoked.
  • 01 Sep 2017: Arasu starts STB distribution.
  • 25 Sep 2017: TRAI asks Arasu for proof of Analogue switch off within 10 days.
  • 03 Oct 2017: Private MSO's which control 90% of Chennai cable still continuing Analogue.
  • 03 Oct 2017: 5 Business days completed and Arasu is yet to comment about Chennai DAS migration.
  • 03 Oct 2017: 5 Business days completed and not a small signal of Analogue switch off by Private MSO's who control over 90% of Chennai. LCO's are silent as usual.
  • 10 Oct 2017: 10 business days deadline for analogue switch-off completes.

It is Still Unclear if Analogue will Ever Stop in Chennai.

Last edited:
VK Digital Analogue Updates - 06 Oct 2017

Star Movies, Zee Tamil & 1 Yes Tv IN

Nick & Sahara One (excellent move) OUT

--

VK Analogue operates with mass blank slots, fewer Tamil & English Channels.

May be its time they call off Analogue and focus on DAS as they have excellent DAS packs and a proper approach Chennai subscribers would be more than happy to switch over

Last edited:
VK Digital Analogue Updates - 06 Oct 2017

Star Movies, Zee Tamil & 1 Yes Tv IN

Nick & Sahara One (excellent move)OUT

--

VK Analogue operates with mass blank slots, fewer Tamil & English Channels.

May be its time they call off Analogue and focus on DAS as they have excellent DAS packs and a proper approach Chennai subscribers would be more than happy to switch over
Removing NICK is not excellent move. My daughter's channel is NICK, badly missing it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock