China's Shenzhen Coship plans to set up STB making unit in India

• Thread starter Deepu
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 3
  • Views: Views 1,206

Deepu

Banned
Reaction score
China's Shenzhen Coship Electronics Co Ltd, a cable television and broadband equipment maker, plans to set up a set-top box (STB) manufacturing facility in India.

“We are planning to set up a set-top box manufacturing facility with a capacity to make 2.5 lakh units a month in India to start with and the scale up the operations on the back of demand,” Vipan Kumar Sharma, Country Manager, India, Coship, told indiantelevision.com, on the sidelines of Cable TV Show 2014, an exhibition of cable television industry in Kolkata.

"We will see and evaluate the benefits and policies of the government", he said.

Sharma further said the company might look at a place near Delhi, in Chennai or around Pune. “We already have our technical office at Chennai and our commercial office is in Delhi,” he said.

The proposed STB manufacturing unit would employ about 1,000 workers, he said.

China's Shenzhen Coship plans to set up STB making unit in India | Indian Television Dot Com

So govt import duty rise is working

and more manufacturer are coming to india

Sent from my HuaweiU8300

dinee said:
STB price may drop in cmg months...

One of the worst brand to my knowledge... Sun Direct HD provided me this box.... On changing audio settings to AC3, it works well with HD channels but audio cuts frequently in SD channels... And on normal settings on changing from HD channels to SD channels, video will cut once or twice to become normal.

Anyway, India is already a dumping ground and one more useless product from china being dumped here...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock