DDF Exclusive Compare and Discuss Your Desired Pack With New TRAI Rules In Place

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 417
  • Views: Views 71,121
Hi all, can anyone confirm if we can subscribe to any channel today then if we need to we can switch channels by removing certain paid channels and then re add them when needed. Would this arrangement any feasible?

I'm thinking, if I don't need to watch Sports channels today, may be I can re add them at certain date in advance (usually, any specific game I'm following) and then once that is done, I can remove those channels and continue with my package as is and then may be if after a month or more I need them again then I can re add them.

I'm assuming since all channels are on DBR (daily burn rate), this should work, but havn't seen any discussion on this exact topic anytime soon. So plz mind my ignorance, if it has been answered earlier. Thanks.

I have stopped calculating new tariff now! If I take only sports channels that too will take my monthly rental to almost 300 whereas currently I am paying 251 for bengali regional+hindi entertainment+hindi movies+29hd including all sports hd channels. So finally decided to suspend or surrender my airtel dth if the new TRAI rule is going to be implemented from Feb 1st. Spending 400-500 bucks that too including 150 bucks for at all no reason is not feasible to me at least. If any extension happens or changes in prices happen then only I will decide twice.
Exactly same. I will also disconnect if I have to pay any more than 250 rupees per month, end of story. My parent watches only those Bengali soaps and sh#tes, and for that I am paying 166 PM. absolutely nothing else is there! And if the same package goes up to 250 or more, then why in God's name would any sane person pay that is beyond me. And these are also ALL SD channels, HD channels are looking like a rich man's thing. FFS even if TRAI brought a new rule to dispose of most SD channels and ordered like a minimum 300 recharge per month even, I would have been game. But this, this is what even will put the chimpanzees to shame. Damn capitalistic greed at its best.

PS : Also we should file a case against TRAI for both mentally harassing us and playing with our money. They simply can't do that. How much time one had to spend to simply bloody select a few channels just to watch television? And think of the old people, they don't even know how to open a website, let alone selecting a pack for them. Though that's what these morons want. These old folks will take help of the cable company, and they will get the opportunity to loot those helpless old people. Bloody savages.

Last edited:
I have stopped calculating new tariff now! If I take only sports channels that too will take my monthly rental to almost 300 whereas currently I am paying 251 for bengali regional+hindi entertainment+hindi movies+29hd including all sports hd channels. So finally decided to suspend or surrender my airtel dth if the new TRAI rule is going to be implemented from Feb 1st. Spending 400-500 bucks that too including 150 bucks for at all no reason is not feasible to me at least. If any extension happens or changes in prices happen then only I will decide twice.
Bro make list of very important channels of combination of Bengali sports and Hindi channels,in a house no body sees more than 10-12 channels skip unimportant channels

Hi all, can anyone confirm if we can subscribe to any channel today then if we need to we can switch channels by removing certain paid channels and then re add them when needed. Would this arrangement any feasible?

I'm thinking, if I don't need to watch Sports channels today, may be I can re add them at certain date in advance (usually, any specific game I'm following) and then once that is done, I can remove those channels and continue with my package as is and then may be if after a month or more I need them again then I can re add them.

I'm assuming since all channels are on DBR (daily burn rate), this should work, but havn't seen any discussion on this exact topic anytime soon. So plz mind my ignorance, if it has been answered earlier. Thanks.
Always 30 days in normal locking period so you can change package

If you'll take 100 FTA channels provided by airtel then it may or may not be part of it & if you'll take separately then you need to pay extra capacity fee + MRP (if pay).

If you'll select channels of your choice then you need to select Tamil free bouquet by just paying the NCF.

You're free to select 75 channels out of 100 channels of your choice by just paying the NCF (if FTA) or by paying the NCF+MRP (if pay).
as per FTA boquet free tamil channels are available in FTA boquet, i required to check with cc

Hi All,

I am a happy user of ADTV for over a decade now, having 2 connections at home. I am using infinity pack on both connections and find it immensely competitive. Now with these forced TRAI guidelines, my mind has gone bonkers. I read a lot of posts here and put in a lot of effort to understand the "broadcaster packs" and "ala carte packs" on airtel website. Later, I just gave up.

I have gone ahead with "airtel recommended packs" of Rs. 699 on primary connection and Rs. 360 on secondary connection.
The 699 pack has 302 channels in it and 360 pack has 250 channels in it. This includes both HD and SD, but due to technical glitches on the airtel website, I am unable to find out what all channels are part of these packs. Did anyone else also see and choose these packs?

Together, I will be spending approx Rs. 12700 annually for both the connections (699*12 plus 360*12), which is a significant jump from Rs. 8750 I was spending earlier (5999 infinity plus 2750 infinity). The jump is a lot in terms of %, but in absolute numbers it is an increase of approx Rs. 330 per month. This I don't think is much, considering it is for 2 ADTV connections. Having said that, it is true that until few weeks ago, I could have had a 3rd ADTV connection with this rental and still save a few bucks :p Nevertheless, now I guess I'll just have to endure this increase. Mehengai ka zamana hai (it's an expensive world), very rarely do prices of things fall, inflation and demand-supply dynamics keep playing with our lives (some economics GK helped me in my decision).

Hope I made the right choice. I didn't want to spend too much time and effort in choosing the broadcaster or ala carte packs only for saving/ shelling a few hundred bucks here and there. Let's see how things unfold. As in the case of mobile tariffs war, the prepaid and postpaid packs have been changing rapidly, we may see a similar trend in the digital TV space as well, maybe until Jio gigaTV is launched and things begin to consolidate thereafter. Hoping for the best. I want to continue using ADTV though.

Thanking in advance for any responses.

Last edited:
Ho guys, Please help me as I am very busy in work to invest time in selecting bouquets.

This is what I want:
1. All hd channels (excluding regional hd).
2. All Assamese regional channels.
3. Cnn, bbc world, rt, wion, republic tv, cnn news 18, india today.
4. Mtv, 9xm, zoom, vh1, mtv beats, and one or two cheaper music channels
5. Cn, pogo, hungama
6. Food food, travel xp, living foods

Please suggest me the best options for this, and lowest price possible.

If you don't help me my account will get suspended.

Ho guys, Please help me as I am very busy in work to invest time in selecting bouquets.

This is what I want:
1. All hd channels (excluding regional hd).
2. All Assamese regional channels.
3. Cnn, bbc world, rt, wion, republic tv, cnn news 18, india today.
4. Mtv, 9xm, zoom, vh1, mtv beats, and one or two cheaper music channels
5. Cn, pogo, hungama
6. Food food, travel xp, living foods

Please suggest me the best options for this, and lowest price possible.

If you don't help me my account will get suspended.
You have to pay a lot more now. I around 100... Just forget hd channels... Its best if we simply watch only few or most important channels for a month.

Last month I've changed my HD pack from max HD to TN magic HD.
My current pack:
Superstar TN 12M ARP + TN magic HD
75+84 = 159/month
Even after avoiding many channels I watch, my new pack costs 488/month. I've to pay ₹329 extra for less number of channels

I think 99% of the people don't care how much they pay for television. So the DTH operators are happy and the only ones unhappy are the ones who care about the increase in prices

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock