DDF Exclusive Compare and Discuss Your Desired Pack With New TRAI Rules In Place

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 417
  • Views: Views 71,338
Hi All,

Currently im paying Rs 5,999/6,999/7,999 (I paid last Feb & they said first time its slightly costly and second time its Rs 5,999 or 6,999 per yr for infinity pack) and each additional connection its either Rs 275 per month or Rs 3,025 per year for the same infinity pack.

How will the new TRAI rule affect my subscription? I dont see this infinity pack anywhere, has it got costlier or simply removed? Hope they dont suddenly disconnect the service.

Thanks.
Infinity has been discontinued since it's an ARP. You need to select channels/bouquets to continue watching otherwise channels may get blocked from Feb 1st.

As per TRAI order, existing customers having arp will continue till it's validity ends but airtel says that ARP will get terminated & refund will be issued for remaining days.

Hi All,

Currently im paying Rs 5,999/6,999/7,999 (I paid last Feb & they said first time its slightly costly and second time its Rs 5,999 or 6,999 per yr for infinity pack) and each additional connection its either Rs 275 per month or Rs 3,025 per year for the same infinity pack.

How will the new TRAI rule affect my subscription? I dont see this infinity pack anywhere, has it got costlier or simply removed? Hope they dont suddenly disconnect the service.

Thanks.
Airtel Removed all packs and given the option in selfcare for selecting new pack. As per, Airtel CC all existing will continue till Jan 31st and for long term recharges refund will be given for balance days.

Do these people think we dont have any other work other than to keep choosing packs every month? So if i sit idle thinking my ARP will work till April then one day family will complain that cable stopped suddenly?

So if ARP is discontinued, then on a monthly basis, i pay Rs 700 for first connection and Rs 275 for additional connection. So as per these new rule, if i choose all english, english news, sports, infotainment (cookery & animal planet type) and all tamil [wherever HD is available then only HD remaining all SD], will it be costlier than Rs 700?

Do these people think we dont have any other work other than to keep choosing packs every month? So if i sit idle thinking my ARP will work till April then one day family will complain that cable stopped suddenly?

So if ARP is discontinued, then on a monthly basis, i pay Rs 700 for first connection and Rs 275 for additional connection. So as per these new rule, if i choose all english, english news, sports, infotainment (cookery & animal planet type) and all tamil [wherever HD is available then only HD remaining all SD], will it be costlier than Rs 700?

if you want all the above yes it will cost 700 or more than 700

Your selected new plan wil be DBR basis not montly. Multi- Connections are treated as individual connection so full pack price applies no discount like Current price Rs.275pm.

Under new rules, you need to create your own pack. Login to selfcare a link has been provided to select new pack you can add your required channels check it by yourself.

Last edited:
if you want all the above yes it will cost 700 or more than 700

The problem is family is using DTH for some serials, religious songs (including hindi religious channels but no other Hindi channel), and english channels for movies and news, and sometimes cookery and animal planet type so its hard to choose what they want to watch. I just watch football and WWE and also english movies and news also tamil news as im a news freak.

Is the Rs 275 for secondary connection available or that too scrapped and same pricing like the first one?

Looks like a tough choice.

Your selected new plan wil be DBR basis not montly. Multi- Connections are treated as individual connection so full pack price applies no discount like Current price Rs.275pm.

Under new rules, you need to create your own pack. Login to selfcare a link has been provided to select new pack you can add your required channels check it by yourself.

So this move is not to help consumers but to extract as much as money from them as possible? Or to completely stop people from watching television.

The problem is family is using DTH for some serials, religious songs (including hindi religious channels but no other Hindi channel), and english channels for movies and news, and sometimes cookery and animal planet type so its hard to choose what they want to watch. I just watch football and WWE and also english movies and news also tamil news as im a news freak.

Is the Rs 275 for secondary connection available or that too scrapped and same pricing like the first one?

Looks like a tough choice.

same price for all connections

Why are the DTH brands not moving SC against this move which will cost additional expense for consumers? I was happily watching all my fav channels for Rs 275 pm and for primary connection is just pay Rs 5,999 or 6,999 once a year and forget, now if i have perfect plan then i might have to pay Rs 700 per connection which is around 3 times for additional connections.

Is JIO DTH entering the market anytime sooner? All these sounds like creating a perfect atmosphere for their entry.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock