Comparision b/w D2H HD DVR & TataSky HD DVR

prasaadpotdar

Reaction score

Dear All,
I have both Videocon D2H HD DVR & TataSky HD DVR with 500GB Hard Disc Capacity each. While using both on full HD tv, I have following points of comparison which I experienced..... I am customer of TataSky since 2006.

1) Regarding User Interface:
The UI of TataSky is much better as compared to D2H HD DVR. The processing speed of TS HD DVR is also very fine..... The D2H HD DVR hangs very often while channel change and while loading EPG of particular channel.

2) Regarding HD & SD Audio-Video Quality:
When you have to experience the Dolby Digital Audio of HD channels, I experienced quality of both DTHs are at par.
TataSky compressed 12 HD channels on 1 transponder (Which should be 8 HD channels per transponder for best quality). Hence the video quality of TataSky has been extremely deteriorated. You can see pixels on all their HD channels. Very disappointing...
But D2H HD DVR is superb....... The bestest Video quality on both SD & HD channles.....

3) Regarding recording features:
The TataSky DVR works very fine and quick at recording features. It records all audio feeds on channels like discover, NGC, History TV18 etc..... The same is possible on D2H HD DVR also but while playing recoding, it takes much time to change audio feed.
Otherwise I found, recording features of both DTHs very fine.

4) Number of HD Channels:
Here TataSky lags far behind as compared to availability of HD channels and their pricing. Really thanks and appreciation to D2H HD for their service to customers. TataSky is just doing mistrust to their customers.

5) Response time of STBs:
The D2H HD STB takes a long time to start as compared to TataSky HD STB. This disappoints so much. The response time is very low of D2H HD DVR.
The D2H HD DVRs are manufactured in India and I have TataSky HD DVR made in Thailand. The STB look and functionality of TataSky is much better.
Videocon D2H HD should look ahead to manufacture their HD DVRs at an International Standards..... Then Sky will be the limit for D2H HD...

Above are few points of comparison. And literally, truly by heart if I have to recommend HD DVR to anyone..... then surely the credits go to VIDEOCON D2H HD DVRs.....
Thanks.
Prasad Potdar.
Islampur.
Maharashtra: 415 409.
India.

bro nice comparison as D2h has more hd channels for less price its a good choice but when it comes to hardware it takes a toll backwards. hardware of d2h is nt upto the mark

the only merit Saket Bhai is that its having more HD channels at cheaper price.

I agree with most of your points and it is a good comparison. But on point 3 I can agree, as user interface of d2h dvr is very very inferior to tata sky+ hd.

1. There is no jump option in d2h dvr
2. When you record through epg scheduling, lags set on recordings to cover 10-15 min extra part of recording does not work, recording starts on time even if you have set 10 min before start, this is very bad in d2h as most of the time you lose end point of a recorded movie for example.
3. Remote recording facility in tata sky is very useful which is missing in d2h.
4. Recording remote is of very inferior quality in d2h.
5. Set top box does not have dedicated indicator of running recording.
6. Sometimes d2h recording works in stand by sometimes does not.
7. In d2h if you schedule back to back recording it does not work well all the time.

Most of the above problems in d2h dvr relates to gui software and hope to be rectified soon.

However if on channel count and cost account d2h is far ahead, on quality and other aspects tata sky is way ahead...

bprrkl said:
the only merit Saket Bhai is that its having more HD channels at cheaper price.

Merits of d2h is countless. Although suggest you to go for d2h hd and not dvr as dvr is not up to the mark product.

1. in 461 rs you get almost all sd and 22 hd channels which is incomperable with any other service provider.
2. d2h cinema is a movie on demand channel available on monthly charge of just 60 rs whereas other dth gives one day view of movie of demand for 50 rs.
3. Travel XP HD, Mtunes HD, 9x Jalwa etc are incredible channels available in d2h.
4. d2h movies1 and 2 also show good movies without break and are available in base packages.

if u want to say 22 hd channel is advantage for chooing wrong.

then u must be missing.

u can take d2h HD box without recording and anjoy same those 22 channel.

u cant beat TS+hd box with d2h just for channel count.

all feature of ts recording box is overriding d2h recording box.

thread is specific to DVR STB, which cant be tilted to d2h by giving extra credit to channel count(which keeps on varying)

like d2h started with 9-10 hd channel and reached to 22, next ts will reach 30, at that time, all recording feature including harware qaility/UI software cant be changed suddenly.

yes. I emphasised on recorder only. it is true that you can't beat Tata sky recorder. no other dish operator can achieve their standards. all we are expecting that if videocon enhances their box quality then sky will be the limit.

Hardware (quality is must even design & made not upto the mark) is not issue except remote whenever enjoy dth.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock