Discussion Confusion clearing thread regarding TRAI rate changes effective 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's to count the number of Channels in your pack.

Suppose If you have 50 HD Channels in your pack it amounts to 100 SD Channels, you have to pay NCF for 100 Channels rather than 50 Channels.
How much is NCF for 100 channels?
Other than the 25 government channels, the rest are up to the choice of the consumer, whether he chooses to select a FTA channel or a paid one is upto him. This is in fact beneficial to broadcasters; to cite my own example, I didn't use to subscribe to some English channels because I would be forced to buy the largest bouqet, but now I plan to.
As for NDTV vs ABP news, a paid channel will be forced to differentiate their offerings so people are willing to pay for it. Conversely, if the people at large fail to recognize and pay for a deserving channel, the people collectively lose when the channel shuts down. I, for one, would not trust the DTH operators to be the arbiter of that.
But the forced bundling of unwanted channels will stop, this I think is a good thing.
Despite following this forum I am not getting that how am I not forced to take those 75 FTA channels I don't want. Imagine how confuse a common person might be. TRAI needs to start their own ads explaining about this new tariff. They also need to simulcast a FAQ on all channels in different languages in next 30 days to avoid confusion.

After the first 100 FTA Channels (can also include Pay Channels provided the respective pay channel's MRP is paid) which cost Rs.130 as NCF plus GST then every 25 Additional Pay Channels will cost Rs.20 each in addition to it's MRP.

So NCF for 100 Channels after taking a FTA Boquet will be Rs.80.

Last edited:
Despite following this forum I am not getting that how am I not forced to take those 75 FTA channels I don't want. Imagine how confuse a common person might be. TRAI needs to start their own ads explaining about this new tariff. They also need to simulcast a FAQ on all channels in different languages in next 30 days to avoid confusion.
Yeah, I expect the cable and DTH operators are going to 'advise' their customers to take an absolutely useless set of FTA channels as part of the basic bouqet and 'suggest' that for any paid channels they should go for an additional NCF of Rs. 20 (or multiple thereof). Wouldn't surprise me if the helpline people were trained to speak in the most confusing manner so that unless customers know exactly what the law is and challenge them, they will be saddled with unwanted channels.
Reminds me of the time I had gone to the service center of one of the telecom providers and the customer service person there was convincing a poor, aged, naive couple why taking a postpaid calling plan instead of a prepaid one would be beneficial for them.

Last edited:
130 is not fix its MRP. service provider will decide how much money for fta from customer they can charge 50 inr also.and 26 DD channels compulsory.then you can add pay channels also in 100 channels to avoid ncf 20 rs.

130 is not fix its MRP. service provider will decide how much money for fta from customer they can charge 50 inr also.and 26 DD channels compulsory.then you can add pay channels also in 100 channels to avoid ncf 20 rs.
Mark my words. Every MSO and DTH are going to charge maximum price they can.

Does this new rule apply before IPTV also or only for cable and dth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock