Discussion Confusion clearing thread regarding TRAI rate changes effective 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, you dont understand 2 things.
  1. Look at MRPs of Star Sports 1 HD. Old = 35. New = 19. To compensate for those channels, they increased remaining channels' prices.
  2. Those are MRPs. Actual prices used to be dependent on 2 other factors also - (i) Agreement between broadcaster and DPO and (ii) DPO's profit margin.
Kindly wait for a few months to allow for a better comparison

that is true in case of Star channels, but why Sun network, Zee network increased prices?

Before tariff order my local cable service provider gives me 450 channels including 71 HD channels for Rs 350 and after tariff order only star and sony hd pack is coming.this is ridiculous

Before tariff order my local cable service provider gives me 450 channels including 71 HD channels for Rs 350 and after tariff order only star and sony hd pack is coming.this is ridiculous
For most of them prices are increasing, as the broadcasters and DPO's increased prices in the name of New tariff orders

Won't this Trai rule lead to shutdown of almost 50% of the channels especially from smaller players who don't have enough channels to make bouquets.
Even biggies like Star Zee Sony and Network 18 will find it difficult to push their flop channels.

Won't this Trai rule lead to shutdown of almost 50% of the channels especially from smaller players who don't have enough channels to make bouquets.
Even biggies like Star Zee Sony and Network 18 will find it difficult to push their flop channels.
Exactly what TRAI wants to do. Subscribers dont pay for useless channels => Shut down of channels => Competition to provide better content on existing channels => Better TV experience

Now, consider sports channels like Star Sports 1,2,3, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil, First, Select 1, 2. Total 11 channels. They will reduce to maybe 5, with additional language options instead of superfluous channels

In north India only 10 channel of DD should be compulsory (DD1, DD News, DD India, Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, DD Bharti, DD Kisan, DD Punjabi, DD Uttar Pradesh and DD Bihar) Why should we pay NFC for Marathi, Gujrali and Bengali channels. TRAI must be look at this matter. Like Tata Sky Doordarshan channels should be compulsory but not in 100 channels. We must get freedom to chooser 1st 100 channels.

I urge everyone to not select any pay channel with price more than 10 Rs. for 1 month. Automatically prices will come down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock