Discussion Confusion clearing thread regarding TRAI rate changes effective 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it compulsory to take 100 FTA pack??
you must pay 130 Rs + GST you will get 100 SD channels space(25 DD channels mandatory).
In Remaining 75 slots - You can select 75 or less FTA channels in that with no extra cost. if you want pay channels you need pay MRP of those channels additionally to that 130 Rs+GST.

Last edited:
In the press notification in the trai website...this is the link..
https://channeltariff.trai.gov.in/data/PRNo0410012019.pdf

I want to highlight the point no. 5
** Consumer has complete freedom to choose their desired 100 Standard Definition (SD) channels within the network capacity fee of maximum Rs.130/-. The desired channels could be in A-Ia-carte Free to Air channels or Pay channels or bouquet of pay channels or any combination thereof. The choice completely rests with the consumers.

** No where is written that DD 25 channels are mandatory. I have done the bold letters- it mean stands- either we can go for 100 pay channels or any combinations. Here "any combination" may stands for a-la-carte pay channel & bouquet.
*Myself is may be wrong. But this is what I understood.
Bro from beggining it is known
No need to tell dd channels only 25 compulsory, there r many other dd channels we r lucky that that r not mandatory

you must pay 130 Rs + GST you will get 100 SD channels space(25 DD channels mandatory).
In Remaining 75 slots - You can select 75 or less FTA channels in that with no extra cost. if you want pay channels you need pay MRP of those channels additionally to that 130 Rs+GST.

25 DD chs are not mandatory in first 100 chs NCF slab. Look at TS . There no need to pay NCF for DD chs in TS. you can choose all 100 chs

The Bengali base pack it self contain 91 chs without any DD. So with 25 DD it will cross 100 slab limit but still same 153 NCF slab

Last edited:
25 DD chs are not mandatory in first 100 chs NCF slab. Look at TS . There no need to pay NCF for DD chs in TS. you can choose all 100 chs

The Bengali base pack it self contain 91 chs without any DD. So with 25 DD it will cross 100 slab limit but still same 153 NCF slab
Then how in dishd2h it's compulsory
Explain bro
Trai rules for different for different dths?
Is it possible??
Looks like it's tatasky fault

Some of Telugu channels old rates and new rates
Obviously, you dont understand 2 things.
  1. Look at MRPs of Star Sports 1 HD. Old = 35. New = 19. To compensate for those channels, they increased remaining channels' prices.
  2. Those are MRPs. Actual prices used to be dependent on 2 other factors also - (i) Agreement between broadcaster and DPO and (ii) DPO's profit margin.
Kindly wait for a few months to allow for a better comparison

Then how in dishd2h it's compulsory
Explain bro
Trai rules for different for different dths?
Is it possible??
Looks like it's tatasky fault

Even hathway also count DD in first 100 Slab and give subscribers only 75 other slot to choose but TS is giving all 100 slot to choose

Obviously, you dont understand 2 things.
  1. Look at MRPs of Star Sports 1 HD. Old = 35. New = 19. To compensate for those channels, they increased remaining channels' prices.
  2. Those are MRPs. Actual prices used to be dependent on 2 other factors also - (i) Agreement between broadcaster and DPO and (ii) DPO's profit margin.
Kindly wait for a few months to allow for a better comparison

Situation was worst in TS , old Starsports 75, new only 19

Even hathway also count DD in first 100 Slab and give subscribers only 75 other slot to choose but TS is giving all 100 slot to choose
So once again tatsky in trouble
Those r mandatory
Might b a big bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock