Discussion Confusion clearing thread regarding TRAI rate changes effective 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Airtel cheap tricks to lock customers and stay with their services till money is over.
May be.
But Actually This Confusion Clearing thread also not clearing Main Confusions.
So only thing is We can get all Answers on Feb1st.:(

Bro I will tweet to TRAI and write an email to them. What more I can do after it?? Honestly speaking I don't trust TRAI to take action
bro i can understand. But have you tried contacting the numbers available on their site? What these corporates hate is losing customers and you've got to try your best to fight these goons.

Well that's unacceptable. What if I don't want to continue with airtel because of this trai rule. Let's say I'm planning to switch to cable or other operator since airtel doesn't carry all channels. So either they have to continue ARP or refund the money back into bank account.
I just Raised your Question to ADTV CC about discontinuing,
They Replied---In that Situation We will arrange call back with Airtel Higher Authorities,you can make talks & negotiations with them only
(I think This is also Formal Reply only)

Broadcasters should launch Multi TV bouquet too for each version of SD and HD bouquet or a common rule should be brought in by TRAI that for primary subscription between 0-150 Rs., Multi TV fee would be Rs. 100 for every additional connection, similarly this can be divided in 3 or 4 different slabs depending on pricing of different bouquets. Paying same amount for multiple connection under same id is totally unjustified. Currently operators can't give discount except maybe charging less NCF for Multi TV or reducing their % share in revenue but this is not correct thing to do and ultimately lead to lots of confusion and inconvenience to subscribers. An official policy is urgently needed.

Also TRAI should clarify that those operators who can't carry all channels from broadcasters but at present forced to pay full amount for different bouquet, how will this work. There needs to be some proprtionate discount mechanism be made for these circumstances. One cannot expect all operators to carry every channel or give a-la-carte only option as it costs higher.

Last edited:
In the press notification in the trai website...this is the link..
https://channeltariff.trai.gov.in/data/PRNo0410012019.pdf

I want to highlight the point no. 5
** Consumer has complete freedom to choose their desired 100 Standard Definition (SD) channels within the network capacity fee of maximum Rs.130/-. The desired channels could be in A-Ia-carte Free to Air channels or Pay channels or bouquet of pay channels or any combination thereof. The choice completely rests with the consumers.

** No where is written that DD 25 channels are mandatory. I have done the bold letters- it mean stands- either we can go for 100 pay channels or any combinations. Here "any combination" may stands for a-la-carte pay channel & bouquet.
*Myself is may be wrong. But this is what I understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock