Breaking DD channel blocked

I think SC judgment is fair but it's not all good for private DTHs lots of angry comments against Airtel DTH on social media. Even many will switch to DD Freedish. But ultimately justice is served.

Edit: Now there is unfair advantage to Dish TV. As they are using DD Freedish feed. Technically DD has only terrestrial feed. So even DD Freedish should be blocked under law in my opinion.

Last edited:
Star Network is investing huge amount on Cricket rights. They should get maximum opportunity to recover their money. If a user cannot pay to star network then he should either go for terrestrial antenna or DD Free Dish.

I am supporting Private channels in this case. They paid huge to get the rights and they are getting it back and doing more profit from the viewership only. After all they are doing business. But when DD National is showing the same event, people will not subscribe to private channels which will reduce the viewership which in turn affect their business/profit.

We should be happy that they didn't block the broadcast in DD National in DD Free Dish and terrestrial mode.

If DD National is allowed to broadcast matches even in other DTH or cable TV, it will be like the one shown in the below video (watch from 8 minutes and 26 seconds till 11 minutes and 10 seconds).

dish tv & sun direct getting dd national from dd freedish .... so they not blocked....

And this is already happening in Sri Lanka where Channel EYE has permission to broadcast matches only in terrestrial mode and Dialog DTH will block the Channel EYE on its platform. But Dish TV Lanka is not blocking the channel.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock