DTH updates DD Free Dish 67th E-auction for MPEG-2 slots

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are very low chances to return four big brodcasters on Dd free dish because they selling their exclusive rights to others. Like Sony pal first they sold chidiyaghar to dangal and then they sold balveer to the q.

There are very low chances to return four big brodcasters on Dd free dish because they selling their exclusive rights to others. Like Sony pal first they sold chidiyaghar to dangal and then they sold balveer to the q.
And second thought in my mind is they would not have money to operate these channels. So, they sold their exclusive rights for money to operate these channels. Otherwise without money they will have to shut down these channels.

I think, they are planning to launch on DDFD. That's why they reduce their channels price to 0.5rs./month.

Any update on channels participation?
Only 4 days left from application submission.

And second thought in my mind is they would not have money to operate these channels. So, they sold their exclusive rights for money to operate these channels. Otherwise without money they will have to shut down these channels.

Money is not an issue...they can run these channels perfectly well, pay the required amount for buying slot on DD Free Dish platform and earn huge ad revenue. Broadcasters r worried about losing Pay TV subscribers if they launch Hindi GEC channels on DD Free Dish and even Cable/DTH operators have been against it thus requesting broadcasters not to do the same however as i have discussed earlier that this argument does not hold any merit and already broadcasters have realized this as after exiting DD Free Dish still subscriber churn continued on Private Cable TV / DTH platforms towards DD Free Dish and broadcasters even lost out on earning massive ad revenue as audience base shrunk for these channels particularly the target FTA audience base thus even more so brands not showing same interest in buying ad slots on these channels

Now they can again decide to arrive on DD Free Dish but considering that Cable/DTH operators would oppose the move and the relationship between the two may turn sour which at present broadcasters cannot afford bcoz of various challenges being faced hencs they would opt for safe strategy of content syndication wherein they will sell rights of shows to FTA channels and earn revenue out of it. Sony has been doing so for a very long time and now further increasing the same, Viacom18 already does so for many years and likely to accelerate the momentum, zee might follow suit but unsure if Disney-Star would do the same.. Again operators would surely be unhappy even with this as and when they get to know about it

Broadcasters have a chance to participate in the e-auction till 3:00 pm today. Today last day of participation.
Aaj nahi to kabhi nahi
T: today or never

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock