• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 3
  • Views: Views 3,993

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
NEW DELHI: DD Direct Plus has rejected two television channels to hop on to its free-to-air direct-to-home (DTH) platform, while 15 broadcasters have opted out of it.

Care World and India News participated in the e-auction but could not qualify, according to Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting S Jagathrakshakan.

The 15 channels which did not participate in the recent e-auction conducted by Doordarshan are IBN Lokmat, News 24, E-24, Mahuaa, Kairali, Kalaignar, ABN Andhra Jyothi, S V Bhakti, Amrita, Total TV, Jai Hind, MH-One, News Live, Music India and Pragya.

Jagathrakshakan said the project of upgrading the DTH platform to 97 TV channels had been approved as part of the 11th Plan and action for augmentation of the channel capacity was under way. The minister provided this information in the written reply to a question during the just concluded Parliament session.

In response to another question, Minister of State for I&B C M Jatua said complaints received from DTH consumers were passed on to the respective DTH operators. The DTH operators were expected to take action in compliance with the ‘Direct to Home Broadcasting Services (Standards of Quality of Service and Redressal of Grievances) Regulations 2007, issued by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai).

Source

No future for dd direct because of its carriage fees. I think dd should give free platform to free to air channels. May on trp base. Then only dd will watchbale, till noting future of DD.

15 channels opt out means, soon they will be removed from DD Direct ? ? ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock