Tata Play became the first DTH operator with over 100 HD and all DD channels

Sun direct giving 59 ncf because they would have thought:- We are taking 153 ncf and also not adding channels will do onething less the ncf to 59 so the customers will happy one side🤣🤣

His views aren't completely wrong. They don't have to charge maximum as NCF specially with all the promotional channels in between channels that causes inconvenience and ads on UI. Than you got landing channel that is Home Channel which serves ads mostly. So you are basically charging the highest amount allowed while also offering ads to your customer. Usually cable companies charges full NCF. Service channels like local channels are mostly free here so they are compensating in one way.

Tata Play can cater to everyone as most users optes for DPO packs anyway. So those who are cost conscious or have less requirement. Even a ₹20 discount on NCF is an extra GEC or sports channel to them. It's sometimes better than a Jingalala Offer.
Absolutely agreed.
This is what I want to convey.

His views aren't completely wrong. They don't have to charge maximum as NCF specially with all the promotional channels in between channels that causes inconvenience and ads on UI. Than you got landing channel that is Home Channel which serves ads mostly. So you are basically charging the highest amount allowed while also offering ads to your customer. Usually cable companies charges full NCF. Service channels like local channels are mostly free here so they are compensating in one way.

Tata Play can cater to everyone as most users optes for DPO packs anyway. So those who are cost conscious or have less requirement. Even a ₹20 discount on NCF is an extra GEC or sports channel to them. It's sometimes better than a Jingalala Offer.
I got it but they are charging because they can simple sun direct isn’t doing this because they can’t every company caters different set of audience

So funny lol. Tata Sky Ltd which, now Tata Play Ltd, is an Indian company. They will have Indian staff and may be like @Vadirocks bro said some level of support may have been provided from Sky main company.

Yes earlier when the rebranding happened I too noticed the change in quality and after sales services , but this year I was proven wrong. And I can say the core value of a Tata company remains the same that is quality

While there are some scenarios where they do lack, but again no company is perfect and there is always a scope for improvement

Do u know names of Erstwhile Content Head and CTO of Tata Sky? Just google it they were from Britain and Italy respectively and were part of Sky team. As both Fox/Star India and Sky were owned by Mudrochs and Star India at that time too had 30% stake in Tata Sky hence Sky was given responsibility to help in their DTH business.....they left as Sky was bought by Comcast while now Disney owns stake in Tata Play.

I had even sent mails to their content head back in 2014-2015 enquiring when Tata Sky will add pending channels as well as shared other feedback

Last edited:
If any foreign company is providing technical support and assistance to their ex partners or ex JV then it should not come as a surprise as both companies have excellent core values and goodwill and are top players in the industry

Had Sky still been partners then Sky name would have continued to be used in company name, rebranding happened as Sky exited the venture

This will not be shocking if Sky wants to enter in Indian DTH sector again in future.

If it happens then that will be great....as Reliance and Disney-Star are forming Joint Venture in broadcast sector and Comcast (Universal) i think is a partner in Viacom18 + as far as i remember shown interest in expanding its investment in the venture (as per news articles i had read) so maybe they might consider again partnering with Tata in DTH space if new soon to be merged broadcast entity incorporates this segment too in it or Disney sells its stake in Tata Play to Comcast

The same thing will happen in India when Jio mobiles launch. Other telecom firms followed suit in order to survive. I am confident that in the following days, other dth service providers will begin to add pending channels in order to compete with Tata Play. Otherwise, most customers will go to Tata Play.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock