Tata Play became the first DTH operator with over 100 HD and all DD channels

They aren’t doing charity with dth services they are doing business they are charging for what they are providing

His views aren't completely wrong. They don't have to charge maximum as NCF specially with all the promotional channels in between channels that causes inconvenience and ads on UI. Than you got landing channel that is Home Channel which serves ads mostly. So you are basically charging the highest amount allowed while also offering ads to your customer. Usually cable companies charges full NCF. Service channels like local channels are mostly free here so they are compensating in one way.

Tata Play can cater to everyone as most users optes for DPO packs anyway. So those who are cost conscious or have less requirement. Even a ₹20 discount on NCF is an extra GEC or sports channel to them. It's sometimes better than a Jingalala Offer.

True. There r several other streams thru which operators can earn revenue rather than charging maximum NCF amount....also in mass segment across various sectors it is not much about ARPU but volume of subscribers which add to revenue profit. Tata Play should start adding home channels like Airtel and air teleshopping ads on it to earn more revenue apart from current revenue generation streams like NCF, 20% share from bouquets/channels subscribed by customers, carriage fee from various channels, banner + product ads on home channels / EPG , OTT app subscription revenue share including ads aired on it via banner etc they already have

Last edited:
Had Sky still been partners then Sky name would have continued to be used in company name, rebranding happened as Sky exited the venture
The partnership is over but both brands can use each others technical support and assistance mutually

The partnership is over but both brands can use each others technical support and assistance mutually

Please share press release if such an understanding or partnership has been reached at..... Without any official announcement same cannot be done, more so as u stated that if even i assume such an unofficial agreement was reached at then they would have mutually agreed for even basic thing like Sky name to be continued in the name of company which is not the case.

Assistance would have continued for some months after exit period as it happens in any company where even when any staff resigns from company they have to continue reporting for work + perform duties until notice period ends and in this period they brief successor about the things how they stand and what r tasks being performed etc. Thus called transition period

Last edited:
True. There r several other streams thru which operators can earn revenue rather than charging maximum NCF amount....also in mass segment across various sectors it is not much about ARPU but volume of subscribers which add to revenue profit. Tata Play should start adding home channels like Airtel and air teleshopping ads on it to earn more revenue apart from current revenue generation streams like NCF, 20% share from bouquets/channels subscribed by customers, carriage fee from various channels, banner + product ads on home channels / EPG , OTT app subscription revenue share including ads aired on it via banner etc they already have
They do air teleshopping ads from Naptol for most of the times on home channel.
I don't think they will remain at 59 ncf if they added the remaining HD channels or the important HD also
I don't think people guys DTH on channel counts. They buy as per requirement. I would never pay Sun Direct for ₹0 NCF and 500 HD channels as I my requirement is FTA Assamese channels which they don't have.
I got it but they are charging because they can simple sun direct isn’t doing this because they can’t every company caters different set of audience
Yes, that's a valid point. Sun is playing to it's advantage. With low NCF they can still make money through viewership of Sun TV. Low NCF also helps them expand in lower income rural markets. Just watch Panchayat webseries. It's shot in Madhya Pradesh. Everyone has Sun Direct there. Usually, Hindi heartland is home to DD Free Dish.

Last edited:
Please share press release if such an understanding or partnership has been reached at..... Without any official announcement same cannot be done, more so as u stated that if even i assume such an unofficial agreement was reached at then they would have mutually agreed for even basic thing like Sky name to be continued in the name of company which is not the case.

Assistance would have continued for some months after exit period as it happens in any company where even when any staff resigns from company they have to continue reporting for work + perform duties until notice period ends and in this period they brief successor about the things how they stand and what r tasks being performed etc. Thus called transition period
I said they can use, I didn’t say they are using. Not only they, any one can use I mean to say

Absolutely.
This model is best for earning.
NCF should be 59 maximum.

They do air teleshopping ads from Naptol for most of the times on home channel.

I don't think people guys DTH on channel counts. They buy as per requirement. I would never pay Sun Direct for ₹0 NCF and 500 HD channels as I my requirement is FTA Assamese channels which they don't have.

Yes, that's a valid point. Sun is playing to it's advantage. With low NCF they can still make money through viewership of Sun TV. Low NCF also helps them expand in lower income rural markets. Just watch Panchayat webseries. It's shot in Madhya Pradesh. Everyone has Sun Direct there. Usually, Hindi heartland is home to DD Free Dish.
With low ncf, sun direct is earning via viewership of sun TV?
Its applicable for other dth and cables.
In sun direct, sun TV is free of cost via home channel.

With low ncf, sun direct is earning via viewership of sun TV?
Its applicable for other dth and cables.
In sun direct, sun TV is free of cost via home channel.
At Tamil Nadu cable use to be cheapest in the country before NTO. Sun knows for viewership of Sun TV they need to do something.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock