'Delhi Belly's adult tag for publicity: Bhatt

sunveer

Reaction score
Mumbai: Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan's repeated warning that his latest production Delhi Belly is not meant for children as it has abusive language is not a social concern but a tried and tested publicity gimmick, ace filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt says.

"I think it's Aamir's marketing gimmick. It's a forbidden fruit syndrome and not social concern that making him saying this," Bhatt told in an interview.

Directed by Ad-man Abhinay Deo, Delhi Belly is a youth-centric bold film, which stars Imran Khan, Vir Das and Kunal Roy Kapoor.
'Delhi Belly's adult tag for publicity: Bhatt

Bhatt maintains that it's an old technique to tempt people for the movie, which he used decades ago while promoting his film Sadak in 1991.

"We tried this in Sadak. I remember I advertised it, as 'A film that censor did not want to see- Sadak. You create this forbidden fruit syndrome and you tempt people more," said the 61-year-old, who worked with Aamir in Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin (1991) and Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke (1993).

"It's a very clever ploy and when a person like Aamir uses it, he eats the cake and has it too," he added.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock