Sad News Desperate Tata Play has resort to unethical practices

• Thread starter Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 33
  • Views Views: Views 2,398
Used Airtel for 1.5 years, never received any promotional call.

Using Tata Play since 2018, have been asked if I want to take any one service channel (not of my choice ,whichever they were offering ) but only if I had placed a request for technician visit either for any issue or after upgrade.

After technician successful visit, Tata Play called for feedback & then asked me politely (or I would say try to sell) if I want that one service channel at a discounted price for 1st month, have to say NO for 3-4 times to reject that offer.

But without consent they never added any service channel.

Maybe they started this offering within last 1 year , not always but only after technician visit.
Yes, same with me too. I have received promotional calls for service channels but those lines used to be recorded and agent needed clear consent. Later I got all such calls blocked through their Twitter support. No calls after that.

Yes, same with me too. I have received promotional calls for service channels but those lines used to be recorded and agent needed clear consent. Later I got all such calls blocked through their Twitter support. No calls after that.
I have received calls only after a technician has made a visit for any purpose & also this promotional offer was given at the end of call after asking to me if Technician solved my issue or not.

Apart from that I have never received such calls.

Used Airtel for 1.5 years, never received any promotional call.

Using Tata Play since 2018, have been asked if I want to take any one service channel (not of my choice ,whichever they were offering ) but only if I had placed a request for technician visit either for any issue or after upgrade.

After technician successful visit, Tata Play called for feedback & then asked me politely (or I would say try to sell) if I want that one service channel at a discounted price for 1st month, have to say NO for 3-4 times to reject that offer.

But without consent they never added any service channel.

Maybe they started this offering within last 1 year , not always but only after technician visit.

Last year i reactivated my Tata Play boxes / account and technician came to align dish and surprisingly at the end when he was having interaction with his team to close the call and generate code for the same..he said a message will come on ur mobile plz click on it and when i asked what is it regarding he said its related to complaint and once i checked it was a message regarding upgrading my HD STB to Binge Box and had i clicked the link then request would have been generated....i then said to technician that i don't want binge box then why r u sending message to me for buying the same he said our area service head said so which means it was a tactic to somehow sell the box and had i not been at home then my parents would have also clicked the lonk not knowing its outcome :(

Such things should never be practiced by any company as it damages their reputation ....even though higher company officials may not know about the same but areas service teams try these ways to sell products / services so as to reach monthly target and thus receive incentives

Never be 100% confident that xyz company or service provider will be better in the future. My reply is to @iDJ...

We never know what monopoly will get us in the future, so if ut proudly saying that IPTV will do justice, then wait till they also start their marketing in a few years after launch and then see how they increase the prices. That time we won't be having any competition to shift to others.

Yes I also get such calls, may be 1-2 times in a year... I tell them straight away that I am not interested in the service channels. And pls don't bother to call again even if your are giving it got free.

Oooo cool down buddy. Have some dignity please. Now it's clear why Tata Play treats you this way. You deserve more!
I didn't disrespect or lost my cool here. I am mad at Tata Play and not at you. You asked a stupid question saying Why would they call me? How am I supposed to know? Hence, the purpose of my rant and the thread. It's like asking a robbery victim. Why would they rob you?

Coming to the part where I was supposed to deserve that. I won't even get into such argument or bring Airtel vs Tata Play distraction here. Dino is right if there is some issue on Tata Play. It should be considered as routine. If something minor happens on Airtel. They recieved harsh criticism.

I didn't disrespect or lost my cool here. I am mad at Tata Play and not at you. You asked a stupid question saying Why would they call me? How am I supposed to know? Hence, the purpose of my rant and the thread. It's like asking a robbery victim. Why would they rob you?
When most people don't see any issues with most things, you always have issues with almost everything. So you should ask yourself who's being stupid.

Back
Top Bottom