Sad News Desperate Tata Play has resort to unethical practices

• Thread starter Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 33
  • Views Views: Views 2,398
If a user avails a service, he will definitely get spam calls and messages about new launches and discounts. Be it Tata Play, Airtel or anyone else. The only solution is to never respond.

When their HD+ boxes were on heavy discount, I visited Tata Play's box upgrade page to see the new features. After 1 hour, I got a call about the upgradation. Same is the case with Airtel. Service providers keep track, you can't hide from them.

Tata Play is guilty when they send us OTP to activate binge pack without our consent during technician's visit or chat support. Don't know if any other DTH is also following the same method.

I have blocked those numbers...got rid of their calls...

Last year i reactivated my Tata Play boxes / account and technician came to align dish and surprisingly at the end when he was having interaction with his team to close the call and generate code for the same..he said a message will come on ur mobile plz click on it and when i asked what is it regarding he said its related to complaint and once i checked it was a message regarding upgrading my HD STB to Binge Box and had i clicked the link then request would have been generated....i then said to technician that i don't want binge box then why r u sending message to me for buying the same he said our area service head said so which means it was a tactic to somehow sell the box and had i not been at home then my parents would have also clicked the lonk not knowing its outcome :(

Such things should never be practiced by any company as it damages their reputation ....even though higher company officials may not know about the same but areas service teams try these ways to sell products / services so as to reach monthly target and thus receive incentives
Don't know if there is Tata Play behind this or its Technician or their manager's greed to get bonus from Tata Play by false selling to customer.

Reading your incident about technician,
I would also like to share mine happened in March when I upgraded my 2 HD boxes into Tata Play + HD box.

He was same technician visiting for complaints since 2021,
At time of upgrade he told me that 'It is compulsory to activate 6 months pack in your account after upgradation in any one of the box'

I mean though I m active in DDF but still anyone can understand that he is lying as if there was such policy from Tata Play then it would be apply to box connections & not just once.

I didn't want to argue with him as he was senior & has been for long in Tata Play. All I did was took my phone & whenever he on call ask his team (office team) to add 6 months pack & send OTP, I immediately deleted the OTP (maybe around 9-10 times).

Then he activated my one connection & told me he will try again OTP for 2nd connection again tomorrow from office.
I said OK.
(Me when he left: I haven't shared you OTP when you was here & you think I will share tomorrow, definitely no).

Then after 2 failed attempts he activated my connection as it should be activated (without 6 months pack).

Spoken like a true fanboy.
When you got nothing to defend, this comes as usual. Lol. Learn some manners dude. You came here to rant and when people ask questions, you are telling them stupid and fan boy. When you decided to cry here, people will ask questions. You don't want anyone to question you, don't cry over social media.

When you got nothing to defend, this comes as usual. Lol. Learn some manners dude. You came here to rant and when people ask questions, you are telling them stupid and fan boy. When you decided to cry here, people will ask questions. You don't want anyone to question you, don't cry over social media.
As you can see many other Tata Play users above also recieved such calls. I was not the only one. You are defending a corporate on unethical business practices. Proving that you are a sheep. This forum has many sheeps who contributes nothing here but suddenly becomes active once Tata Play is called out or during DTH of the Month polls. Either you are a fanboy or a person hired by Tata Play to defend them.

Last edited:
Buddy , there is lot of difference between ranting without a reason and highlighting an issue which one has faced..... @iDJ bro shared an experience where he faced an issue wherein service channels were activated without his consent and as he was unhappy with this so he mentioned / discuss upon the same.

Yes, one can ask questions pertaining to it but with being disrespectful or wrongly accusing the other person.... Whatever u said to @iDJ made it seem as if he was at fault by asking questions like "Why would Tata Play call you" or "Such issues are common and you are making it seem big" .....in a forum members engage in discussions over various topics and if a member is facing a problem or have a complaint against a company then they are allowed to write about it, there should not be any objections raised about this unless any rules are flouted.

If people criticise Airtel so ferociously for smallest mistakes then why just a little mention about issues related to Tata Play irks some members and there is effort made to downplay the criticism or simply blaming the person who highlights it?

Buddy , there is lot of difference between ranting without a reason and highlighting an issue which one has faced..... @iDJ bro shared an experience where he faced an issue wherein service channels were activated without his consent and as he was unhappy with this so he mentioned / discuss upon the same.

Yes, one can ask questions pertaining to it but with being disrespectful or wrongly accusing the other person.... Whatever u said to @iDJ made it seem as if he was at fault by asking questions like "Why would Tata Play call you" or "Such issues are common and you are making it seem big" .....in a forum members engage in discussions over various topics and if a member is facing a problem or have a complaint against a company then they are allowed to write about it, there should not be any objections raised about this unless any rules are flouted.

If people criticise Airtel so ferociously for smallest mistakes then why just a little mention about issues related to Tata Play irks some members and there is effort made to downplay the criticism or simply blaming the person who highlights it?
Simple, If TATA play wrongly deducts Rs.10/-, then Airtel bug deducts Rs.100/- ;)

Both are equally wrong.

Dada,,what is equally wrong is that the thing he said.... He is again saying Tata Play has small errors or such wrong deduction issues but Airtel users face more errors or more issues of wrong deduction....again classic case of finding way to portray Airtel in negative light / more negative manner and defending Tata Play when someone highlights issue with latter

Back
Top Bottom