Discussion Did you benefited from TRAI's new tariff order?

Did you benefit from TRAI's new tariff order?

• Total voters
Not really If want to subscribe HD channels

There is difference between what you subscribe and what you watch. Many of us subscribe lots of channels but we watch only few of them. My bill reduced for DTH and was barely increased by 20 rupees on Cable TV.
I can keep myself and my family members safe from peace of cake like Star Plus and ZEE TV. We only watch Ishara, Sony Sab, Star Bharat in entertainment category.
And now when Ishara was not showing anything & Star Bharat doesn't have any reality shows wht u see bro??
As far as I know above mentioned 3 channels don't have any reality shows

Personally speaking No, earlier for a pack of Rs 400 we use to get all channels in the package but today not.

Secondly in ADTV we use to have some free hd packs topups we use to get quite good hd channels free for sometime but today there's not

Actually NTO benefitted those you use to watch few channels rather bulk.

For me it's No...

Last edited:
Basically bfr nto many bulk of channels in 200 or 300 as pre decided by operator.
1. Half were happy cuz they we're getting many channels at this price.
2. Other half who only saw few channels had to pay for all.
After nto
Ala carte came for people belonging to pt 2 & they became happy (ncf is still a burden though). People belonging to pt 1 had to pay more for same amount of channels.
Personally I feel nto was nice for those who wanted only 2/3 channel

And now when Ishara was not showing anything & Star Bharat doesn't have any reality shows wht u see bro??
As far as I know above mentioned 3 channels don't have any reality shows
Reality Show? Do you still think they are real.
I only find Kapil Sharma and KBC intresting will ditch Star Bharat for Sony once KBC starts.

Answer to this question is complicated... Yes bill reduced if wanna watch a few channels but No if you like to scroll through them and watch whatever you liked. Yes it gave power to viewers to pay only for what they watch but that lead to shutdown of niche channels. The new rules made visible breakdown of prices that was done for transparency but it also made things complex that can make a common person confused, earlier one had to choose a pack and that it, now he have to find broadcaster, select from tons of pack for each broadcaster, compare prices and even after this there is no guarantee that he couldn't save more on selecting a different pack.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock