Discussion Digital Cable TV Vs DTH

Which is better ???

• Digital Cable

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • DTH

Votes: 75 80.6%

• Total voters
Voted for DTH. If we are moving to other part of India, cable might not provide the channels that we watch.

In DTH there is no such issue. Move anywhere in India and you will get the same channels that you were getting earlier.

Voted for DTH. If we are moving to other part of India, cable might not provide the channels that we watch.

In DTH there is no such issue. Move anywhere in India and you will get the same channels that you were getting earlier.
valid point. we can resume whatever we are used to.recording facility.

What would b e approximate cost of a new HD STB and a monthly Plan with all 50 HD channels for DEN? Is the website cost same as what is provided by LCO or we can expect some discount?
Den hd STB cost is 2k
Monthly charge-300 rs ( all sd& hd Channels)

Voted for Digital cable for value for money packs.I get ss2,ss 1 hindi,ten 1,ten 3,dsports in my Rs 270 pack.I don't think any dth gives that.Also in the era of diminishing linear television.Mso/cable can offer triple play with high speed broadband and voip services along with cable.Probably thats why jio chose mso license over DTH.

I would any day say DTH is the preferred one for me.
Having been used digital cable from small operators like Ortel in Bhubaneswar, I know they can never match the DTH.Most of digital cable operators are the previous local cable operators.They do not have the required technical knowledge.They do not understand the compression technologies and technicalities involved in transmission.
They use cheap quality boxes and other hardware with high compression rate with little or less support.If some signal issues happen, they would take months to resolve.
As they use fibre/coaxial which are open or under to ground , there is frequent disconnect for reasons like road restoration work, small rains and storms and even for their maintenance(which happens every now and then).And you end up paying even if it remains disconnected for whole day
On the other hand ,though DTH suffers signal loss but it's manageable and for short duration during rains.Might be you pay some extra when compared to local digital cable, I find it's worth paying for.

Moreover the PQ and SQ is far inferior in digital cable TV.Even reputed operators like Hathway is no match to Tatasky or Airtel or Videocon d2h.

Last edited:
Its Hard to Select One...benefits of each varies with respect to place i.e DTH is Best for remote areas/rural areas where cable network can't give more channels...nd In urban, Cable is Way better as It is Economical compare to DTH and Provides 3-5 Local channels also...but PQ/AQ no where comparable to DTH. I always wish All Dth providers could have atleast One Free Exclusive Regional channel for all the states apart from regular channels.

Voted for DTH.

The only plus point which I see in Digital cable is low monthly price compared to DTH.

In the case of weather, Digital cable will not face any interruptions during rain. Dth also will not face any signal issues in moderate rain. Heavy rain will cause signal outage. Heavy rain may cause power failure most of the time, if no power available no use if it is Digital cable or DTH.

DTH is portable, we can use it anywhere in India with same stb. But in Digital cable we can use the same stb if we shift to the place where the same operator providing service. If the same operator don't have service in that place we need to buy a new stb.

In DTH we have more options to choose. If we are not satisfied with the current operator we can take a new connection. In the case of Digital cable , in many places there is only one or two operators are available. In that places customers don't have much option to change the operator if they are not satisfied with the current operator.

In Digital cable , the operators always in fighting with the big networks like Star, Sony, Zee, Discovery, etc. They removes the main channels for many days & months. In DTH there is some small issues only & they won't remove any main channels.

Service wise everyone knows DTH is far better than Digital cable.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock