DDF Exclusive Discovery Jeet Rebranded As Jeet Prime

FYI TV 18, a similar channel is having much better content than this channel and also the MRP is cheaper. Discovery channels are all pretty dead imo. 9-10 years back TLC was my absolute favorite channel. Now all they show is old content or some reality crap.

What they can do is start a new channel or use this JEET Prime to telecast some really popular shows like Ghost Adventures which was doing well on AXN. I wish they broadcast a wide variety of shows in a single channel and Target more ppl than going for some cookery/travel shows. Why not have everything? Already English channels aren't doing that well regardless of which genre it is and these broadcasters need to do something more. Imo telecast the shows which have a high viewership worldwide. Discovery networks already have so many channels in the US with great shows. It is depressing Discovery has become this stale and clueless.

Last edited:
Once upon a time Discovery was an excellent must watch channel when they used to telecast Earth, planet, galaxy shows, Medical detectives, etc and one hour Discovery Junior at evening time. Those were good ol' days when Discovery was an amazing channel. (y)

Exactly the Discovery channel of my childhood, the Discovery channel of the 90s

Ironically show is called Science of Stupid.

Well they had created Indian Version of this International Show which ultimately ruined the whole thing. Clips shown were same but Manish Paul did anchoring and voiceover for desi adaption. Original English progr hosted by Richard Hammond is still quite good.

Nat Geo still is better than Discovery. They have aired good science based shows like Do or Die, The Big Picture with Karl Penn, Street Genius, Brain Games, How to lick your elbow etc. but nowadays just repeating its old episodes instead of bringing fresh season. Possible reason is dismal ratings they r getting hence resorting to this cost cutting strategy. Discovery has a separate science channel which launched in 2010 here , during initial years they aired interesting latest programs but now they r back to showing recycled or dated content.

Apart from this Nat Geo keeps on telecasting latest productions like Pluto, Valley Of Bloom, Surviving Picasso, One Strange Rock, Before The Floods,,Story of Us, Story of God, Banged Up Abroad, Outbreak, The Great Indian Train Journeys etc. Also they produce Indian Content like Megakitchens , Icons etc. but again as i have said Indian Audiences r not mature enough to understand and appreciate such content.

In the end Discovery sticks to Bear Grylls, Nat Geo is forced to air repeat content, History TV18 airs few selected shows and those who love watching differentiated content are at loss. Have hopes from Sony BBC that they do not follow the same and instead add more channels to their infotainment, entertainment, kids bouquet

Who can forget the iconic "Lonely Planet" which was perhaps one of my all time favourite shows.

NGC PEOPLE has some niche content on travel, lifestyle and food. I love watching the channel most of the time. Hopefully, it stays on air ..... atleast for few more years.

Well they had created Indian Version of this International Show which ultimately ruined the whole thing. Clips shown were same but Manish Paul did anchoring and voiceover for desi adaption. Original English progr hosted by Richard Hammond is still quite good.

Nat Geo still is better than Discovery. They have aired good science based shows like Do or Die, The Big Picture with Karl Penn, Street Genius, Brain Games, How to lick your elbow etc. but nowadays just repeating its old episodes instead of bringing fresh season. Possible reason is dismal ratings they r getting hence resorting to this cost cutting strategy. Discovery has a separate science channel which launched in 2010 here , during initial years they aired interesting latest programs but now they r back to showing recycled or dated content.

Apart from this Nat Geo keeps on telecasting latest productions like Pluto, Valley Of Bloom, Surviving Picasso, One Strange Rock, Before The Floods,,Story of Us, Story of God, Banged Up Abroad, Outbreak, The Great Indian Train Journeys etc. Also they produce Indian Content like Megakitchens , Icons etc. but again as i have said Indian Audiences r not mature enough to understand and appreciate such content.

In the end Discovery sticks to Bear Grylls, Nat Geo is forced to air repeat content, History TV18 airs few selected shows and those who love watching differentiated content are at loss. Have hopes from Sony BBC that they do not follow the same and instead add more channels to their infotainment, entertainment, kids bouquet
History TV 18 has good shows but they keep on repeating same 20 episode for years. Despite the series having more than 200 episodes. Nat Geo is awesome. They even simulcast shows from US.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock