Discovery launches sports channel "D-SPORTS" in India

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 510
  • Views Views: Views 68,687
Sarkar said:
SD in CRT  :k

Entire bottom row in which over is mentioned below Run and wicket is out of the screen. I mean lower half of the entire score board is out of the screen. This is happening from last few years. 4-5 years Earlier this issue was not there. 

BTW i know this issue is not there if you watch SD ch in LCD but again CRT is still dominant in India
Sony six and max are not in 4:3 format? Have you tried centre cut, letterbox and fit to screen options in your  stb settings?

Tha.RP8 said:
Sony six and max are not in 4:3 format? Have you tried centre cut, letterbox and fit to screen options in your  stb settings?

Tried not working at that time. BTW why should we do all such things when all other chs including sports from Star and TEN have no such issue. 

Problem is that main footage from ground is taken as 16:9 and then Sony Crop it to make 4:3 in between they have messed up things. Some of you have raised the black bar issue in Starsports on LCD, may be they do it so that on CRT Pic fits perfectly without any score board out of screen.  ;)

MUMBAI: Indian golf fans will have the opportunity to watch teen sensation Aditi Ashok playing at the ISPS Handa Australian Women’s Open with Discovery's sports channel D SPORT deciding to telecast the prestigious event in India.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/television/tv-channels/sports/telecast-rights-holder-d-sport-to-air-aus-womens-open-featuring-aditi-170216

Sarkar said:
Tried not working at that time. BTW why should we do all such things when all other chs including sports from Star and TEN have no such issue. 

Problem is that main footage from ground is taken as 16:9 and then Sony Crop it to make 4:3 in between they have messed up things. Some of you have raised the black bar issue in Starsports on LCD, may be they do it so that on CRT Pic fits perfectly without any score board out of screen.  ;)

Ground footage is always 16:9. But if it is cropped to 4:3,only sides are cut. Equal portions from both sides are cut. But top and bottom remains intact. Moreover if it is coming without cut in another tv for same sd channel, it may be your tv problem. Other channels are not having problem because their scoreboards are different. Maybe your tv is not proper 4:3, so it is cutting parts from video natively. You can use your "wide/normal/zoom" option in your tv remote to verify that. BTW what is the model of your CRT tv? Thats why black bars are the best. You can adjust everything as per your tv if there are black bars.

16730286_436283956703172_8859730024585460947_n.png.jpg

16730341_436293196702248_8198686925606551701_n.png.jpg

ayanc99 said:
Channel launched on 6th Feb so how can it show AFCON which ended on 5th Feb.

Of course I know when the AFCONs was.
But if they had the desire, they could have launched the channel 1 month ahead of schedule.
Remember, Sony ESPN HD was launched just 2 days ahead of the Australian Open.

Navneet Kumar said:
I hope D-sports buy Endland and Nz home series rights, Because i hate star sports, I think 70% people hate star sports

I agree with you bro.. SS channels are the worst sports channels
And also I hate their stupid commantaters except Sehwag

Tha.RP8 said:
Ground footage is always 16:9. But if it is cropped to 4:3,only sides are cut. Equal portions from both sides are cut. But top and bottom remains intact. Moreover if it is coming without cut in another tv for same sd channel, it may be your tv problem. Other channels are not having problem because their scoreboards are different. Maybe your tv is not proper 4:3, so it is cutting parts from video natively. You can use your "wide/normal/zoom" option in your tv remote to verify that. BTW what is the model of your CRT tv? Thats why black bars are the best. You can adjust everything as per your tv if there are black bars.

That's why I called their Graphics Sucks always put score board out of screen. I am sure this time also they will do the same :dodgy

Adars Salaria said:
Ten's commentary is awsome 1000 times batter than Star Sports

Then enjoy Cheerleaders in mini Skirt and Films promotion by Superstars on Cricket analysis , it's much better than their real cricket analysis  ;)

Back
Top Bottom