Discovery launches sports channel "D-SPORTS" in India

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 510
  • Views Views: Views 68,687
Sarkar said:
Then enjoy Cheerleaders in mini Skirt and Films promotion by Superstars on Cricket analysis , it's much better than their real cricket analysis  ;)

Open your eyes and see it again......
I'm talking about Commentary not post & Pre show not Analysis

khepacheley said:
Of course I know when the AFCONs was.
But if they had the desire, they could have launched the channel 1 month ahead of schedule.
Remember, Sony ESPN HD was launched just 2 days ahead of the Australian Open.

Then they could have launched last July also to show Tour de France, lol.

Sports broadcasters have lost loads of monies in the past showing international events which don't generate enough viewership to get adequate revenues to cover the costs. Now they will buy only those properties whose costs are reasonable.

Adars Salaria said:
Open your eyes and see it again......
I'm talking about Commentary not post & Pre show not Analysis

How can comentary be different on Sony and Star as both hire same people ?  :lol

On sharp contrast see what Ten hire ?  :dodgy

Anyway pasand apni apni  :k

I don't think a sports channel with events like Horse racing, golf and car racing stands a chance in India. For now D Sports is more or less like Neo Sports. To stand a chance in India they need to invest heavily. For now they can focus on IPL or India cricket rights in 2018. They also have the option to grab US Open tennis and New Zealand broadcast rights.

praks001 said:
I don't think a sports channel with events like Horse racing, golf and car racing stands a chance in India. For now D Sports is more or less like Neo Sports. To stand a chance in India they need to invest heavily. For now they can focus on IPL or India cricket rights in 2018. They also have the option to grab US Open tennis and New Zealand broadcast rights.

Cricket, football, tennis these 3 are a must for India, as they are the most popular sports in india.. Lets give them 5-6 months, then it'll be clear how serious they are.
Having said that, eurosport(dsport parent) is a major network at international level, just like sky and espn. So I expect them to be of that level unlike neo, which is not an international brand...

On asking on their Facebook page, when it will come on Tata Sky, they are replying that to go ask Tata Sky. 
That's a very arrogant and rude reply; and also seems that it is not coming on TS any time soon...

Back
Top Bottom