Discussion Dish tv channels removing strategy

• Thread starter kittu
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 63
  • Views: Views 12,274
Can we get the subscriber base of each dth state wise.i think in kerala dish tv had more sub than d2h

Why can't Dish TV and d2H have the same channels, from a same satellite by realigning the dishes (like TataSky or Airtel) ?
I agree your point bro. This will be more beneficial than current strategy.

When other DTH providers are looking to add more channels, here our Dish TV on a spree to remove channels , removed around 50 channels in 3-4 days. If they had this interest in adding , Dish Tv would have become worlds #1 DTH.

We are paying in advance for the channels we see , but later they come with new plan to reduce one channel after the other, in MIDDLE EAST we don’t have the option to choose south Indian channels alone as we stuck with NSS and removal of channels like this will surely reduce their customers here.

Only 37 private south channel remaining. Dishtv may remove by 30th july.
Dd channels will remain as they are mandatory.

May be off topic but
I wish to reliance Big tv once again enter this market , control like jio.
If NTO implemented earlier ,Big tv may not shutdown !

It's my favorite operator, at that time iam taken big tv for 1 year @1990 only. Later I used for 2 years , with out single problem.
Boxes are good quality.

I want to reliance enter in the market, take over sundirect business and expand.
Bcz earlier sundirect want to sell their business to airtel .but deal is not done.
This time enter through sundirect and control the market like jio.

May be off topic but
I wish to reliance Big tv once again enter this market , control like jio.
If NTO implemented earlier ,Big tv may not shutdown !

It's my favorite operator, at that time iam taken big tv for 1 year @1990 only. Later I used for 2 years , with out single problem.
Boxes are good quality.

I want to reliance enter in the market, take over sundirect business and expand.
Bcz earlier sundirect want to sell their business to airtel .but deal is not done.
This time enter through sundirect and control the market like jio.

l didnt find ROl / Marathi good pack in Reliance. That time D2H pack were good and it included few Eng GEC & Movie channel in cheaper pack.

How many DVB-S2 transponders dishtv has? I think very few. Most of their transponders are DVB-S.

D2h is using DVB-S2 on all 12 transponders with MPEG-4 encoding.

Dishtv may surrender all their transponders and move completely to D2h transponders. With DVB-S2, you can get higher picture quality using low bandwidth. Assume that D2h has 1200 Mbps total bandwidth (100 Mbps per tp). They can carry 300 HD channels and 600 SD channels (2 Mbps for HD channel and 1 Mbps for SD channel).

How many DVB-S2 transponders dishtv has? I think very few. Most of their transponders are DVB-S.

D2h is using DVB-S2 on all 12 transponders with MPEG-4 encoding.

Dishtv may surrender all their transponders and move completely to D2h transponders. With DVB-S2, you can get higher picture quality using low bandwidth. Assume that D2h has 1200 Mbps total bandwidth (100 Mbps per tp). They can carry 300 HD channels and 600 SD channels (2 Mbps for HD channel and 1 Mbps for SD channel).
Currentely D2h have only 11 transpoders

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock