Dish TV in talks to buy Videocon DTH for nearly $1 bn: Srcs

Instead of buying D2H they should buy Reliance Digital as it near to its satellite and with a good quality LNB all satellites can be covered

Reacting to news articles in certain sections of the media, Dish TV has issued the following press statement: This is in reference to the news relating to the proposed acquisition of Videocon D2H by Dish TV appearing in certain sections of media. The news is speculative in nature and as a Policy, Dish TV does not comment on market speculations and rumours.

An article moneycontrol.com said, 'The two companies are negotiating on valuations close to $ 1 billion. This is because Videocon's ask price is currently higher than what Dish TV has offered. Nasdaq-listed Videocon DTH has market capital of USD 855 million and has a net debt of Rs 1600 crore. The losses that the company had last fiscal year stood at Rs 92.2 crore. '
Indian Television Dot Com | Dish TV terms Videocon d2h acquisition plans speculative

If its true then it will help Dishtv to consolidate and will strengthen its offerings in future.

Hassan Syed said:
Instead of buying D2H they should buy Reliance Digital as it near to its satellite and with a good quality LNB all satellites can be covered

cost of sat is in millions compared to acquisition cost of $1 billon :lol

SaMand 4G said:
I dont know why everyone is planning to move to other dth after Dish/D2H merge...Dishtv have better plans for future like wyplay deployment,ALi Chipset.. :luv

I Hope DishTv's software will not become obsolete w.r.t ADTV or TS's software of that time :shy

iphifi said:
The biggest hurdle will be satellite space co-location. They may have to sell existing tps on current satellite and buy different ones. If they are going to make another monoblock lnb then god save them. Honestly this is shocking news as no one expected Dish to make the move. Wonder if TS will jump in the game and make an acquisition too. Whatever the case I hope it means more HD channels.

it's not a big prob as DTH operator doesn't buy Tps for lifetime of sat. Tps are leased to DTH operators for 3 years only :k

Sarkar said:
I Hope DishTv's software will not become obsolete w.r.t ADTV or TS's software of that time :shy

Bro Dishtv will do it in End-Of-The-Year as written in an article.. :eek:hya

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock