• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,327
  • Views: Views 207,667
Vote against DishTV-Videocon merger: SES asks
shareholders

Stakeholders’ Empowerment Services (SES), the corporate
governance advisory, has asked shareholders of Dish TV India
to vote against its proposed merger with Videocon D2h.
The scheme of arrangement to give effect to the merger is
coming for approval at a court-convened meeting on Friday.
About 857.78 million new equity shares of a Rs 1 face value of
Dish TV India will be issued to shareholders of VideoconD2h.

Vote against DishTV-Videocon merger: SES asks shareholders | Business Standard News

Dish TV India limited receives equity shareholders approval
For proposed amalgamation of Videocon D2h Into Dish Tv

Mumbai: Dish TV India Limited (DishTV) (BSE: 532839, NSE:
DISHTV) is pleased to announce receipt of approval of the
Equity Shareholders of the company for the proposed Scheme
of Arrangement for amalgamation of Videocon D2h into Dish
TV in consideration for new stock issuance by Dish TV to the
shareholders of Videocon D2h.

As per the directions issued by the Honourable National
Company Law Tribunal (NCLT), Mumbai Bench, a meeting of
the Equity Shareholders of the Company was held today.
The company has already received approval from the National
Stock Exchange of India Limited (NSE) and BSE Limited (BSE)
for the proposed Scheme of Arrangement. The Competition
Commission of India (CCI) has also approved the
amalgamation of Videocon D2h into Dish TV.
The proposed transaction is subject to other necessary
approvals.

Dish TV India limited receives equity shareholders approval For proposed amalgamation of Videocon D2h Into Dish Tv - OdishaDiary

Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas and co. advises Videocon d2H on merger with Dish TV

Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas and Co. acted as the Legal Counsel to Videocon d2h Limited ("VDL") in the transaction involving merger of Videocon d2h Limited into Dish TV India Limited ("DTIL").

It is the first consolidation in the direct-to-home broadcasting sector resulting in one of the largest direct-to-home cable operators in India. This deal represents one of the few examples of an amalgamation of an entity with a competitor.

Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas and co. advises Videocon d2H on merger with Dish TV | Business Standard News

MUMBAI: DTH operator Dish TV, which is in the process of merging with Videocon d2h, has appointed former Hero MotoCorp SVP sales, marketing and customer care Anil Dua as group chief executive officer. Following the amalgamation of Videocon d2h with Dish TV, Dua will head the combined entity of Dish TV Videocon. Dish TV CEO Arun Kapoor will leave the company to pursue his passion of teaching MBA students and venture into social work. He will manage the integration process and see it to its conclusion. An alumnus of IIT-Delhi and IIM-Ahmedabad, Dua comes with over 28 years of experience in companies like Unilever, Gillette and Hero MotoCorp. In his last assignment, he was the MD of OTE, which represents major franchises in automobiles, electronics, home appliances, tyres, batteries and lubricants with operations in Oman and the UAE. Dua comes with rich experience in various facets of business management such as brand building, marketing, customer experience, supply chain and strategy. During his tenure at Hero MotoCorp from 2006 to 2014, he was responsible for the company’s entire gamut of marketing and advertising strategy, sales growth and extensive dealer network and after-sales operations. He significantly contributed in tripling the turnover and increasing the market cap by three times. Dish TV India and Videocon d2h have filed a scheme of arrangement for amalgamation of Vd2h with Dish TV. The process for obtaining the approval from the NCLT for the scheme is currently underway. The combined entity, which will be named Dish TV Videocon, has 28.1 million subscribers, as of 31 December 2016. The merger will create a leading cable and satellite distribution platform in India. “We welcome Anil and are confident that his experience will further add to our capability and will help lead the company on a stronger growth path. His experience in brand building and distribution will add immense value to the organisation,” Dish TV CMD Jawahar Goel said. “Arun’s role through the integration process will be very critical for a smooth transition. He joined the company at a crucial juncture, and I thank him for bringing the company to a point where it could take leap into the future with more strength,” Goel added.

@arsja bro this news is already posted on dish tv section and from next time onwards post link of the news...:k

Vishnu777 said:
@arsja bro this news is already posted on dish tv section and from next time onwards post link of the news...:k

Sorry bro. I haven't seen. This is my first post. Hence can't share the link. Thanks for your feedback :)

Last edited by a moderator:
arsja said:
Sorry bro. I haven't seen. This is my first post. Hence can't share the link. Thanks for your feedback :)

No problem bro I does not known that u are new member so you can't post the link..;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear friends ,
I am using both dish TV and Videocon DTH right now.
Can I go for long time recharge or month on month recharge ?
This question is due to merger .

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock