Sad News Dishtv introduces 7 days Lock in period for all sports channels; Now removed

• Thread starter Raja
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 30
  • Views: Views 7,428
You all should mail to TRAI with the screenshots. It's against the new tarrif. TRAI says to keep a lock-in period of only one day.
In Andhra pradesh, AP fiber has 15 days lock in period for every pay channel

Last edited:
You all should mail to TRAI with the screenshots. It's against the new tarrif. TRAI says to keep a lock-in period of only one day.

Wrong bro.30 days option has to be mandatoraly provided rest upto DPO. They can provide any period of lock-in period but 1 month option is must.

I have not seen that rule. Which page of tariff order ?
Wrong bro.30 days option has to be mandatoraly provided rest upto DPO. They can provide any period of lock-in period but 1 month option is must.
In Andhra pradesh, AP fiber has 15 days lock in period for every pay channel
My bad. I thought that all bouquets & Ala-Carte channels are on DBR basis with one day lock-in period.
Thanks for the correct information.:)

On 31st January, 2019 Trai released a press notice--
https://channeltariff.trai.gov.in/data/PRNo0731012019.pdf

**Point no. 8 is saying this....
8. Subscribers who are yet to exercise their choice are requested to contact their service providers and register their choices without any further delay. Exercising option will enable you to continue to watch your favourite TV channels without any inconvenience. Distributors have been requested to plan the migration processes with no fleast inconvenience whatsoever to their subscribers. Subscribers may note that the new regime empowers them to change their choices whenever they desire with maximum lock-in period of one month. The Subscribers can always request their DPOs to modify their selection even after choosing any package at present.

I am confusing in last 2 lines...
**First it is telling that maximum lock in period is one month.
*In the next line- it is saying that- customer can modify always their request to DPO, even after choose his package.

***anybody can thinks that "always" means- "anytime"

**First it is telling that maximum lock in period is one month.
TRAI only set Maximum Lock-in-period as 30days. DPOs are free to set anywhere between 0 - 30 days.
Ex. Airtel lock-in-period is 0days,Tatasky, SunDirect is 1day
*In the next line- it is saying that- customer can modify always their request to DPO, even after choose his package.
Once, Lock-in-period Set by DPO is passed Customer can modify the basepack anytime.

Lock-in-period Set by DPO is passed Customer can modify the basepack anytime.

*it is not written that after lock in period passed, its written after choose,
*its may be said that- after I choose the package-I can modify it always/ anytime.

other package add form 30 days looking pariode provide very bad news for dish tv customer :wall::damn:

TRAI only set Maximum Lock-in-period as 30days. DPOs are free to set anywhere between 0 - 30 days.
Ex. Airtel lock-in-period is 0days,Tatasky, SunDirect is 1day Once, Lock-in-period Set by DPO is passed Customer can modify the basepack anytime.
I m so surprised why dishtv set only 7 days lockin period, why not 30 days...??
Definitely it is a bug....🤣

Breaking: Dishtv finally removed lock in period for sports channels.

Now same day you can pick a sports channels and later that day you can remove it.
Finally something pleasing for Dishtv subscribers.

Last edited:
Breaking: Dishtv finally removed lock in period for sports channels.

Now same day you can pick a sports channels and later that day you can remove it.
Finally sometimes pleasing for Dishtv subscribers.
So, Zero Lock-in-period period for all channels?? We can add/remove on same day?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock