Disscussion on Tata Sky's compression algorithm

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 50
  • Views: Views 8,923
Downloading software manually or automatically can not make processor slow.
Only if newly downloaded software is bulky then STB interface will give slow response.

dear mystic i hasve seen that downloading software regularly thru manual process makes stb slow

RE: New Test Channel - Test Service 14 added

quickboy said:
Forward error correction (FEC) is a method of obtaining error control in data transmission in which the source (transmitter) sends redundant data and the destination (receiver) recognizes only the portion of the data that contains no apparent errors.

Please remember that this along with things like C/N ratio, BER and a lot more things like rain outage, atmospheric conditions, etc.... etc... are all contributing to your PQ and AQ

Dont really think so, We had an old lcd tv a few years back, with a high response time, So if Schumacher turns a bend in Monaco, the car looked like a snake curling around, That is a slow grey to grey of TV, Well if the STB is a little on the slow processing side or is overheating these artifacts start appearing too, Like the video section memory is slower and lot of data is input to it, the output can give strange results, Like squares and flower pots

FEC doesnt make a picture bad or good. If Fec is 7/8 then they can send more useful data but on the downside more SNR is needed for proper locking.

For blurry picture LCD's response time was not good and it was not because of slow processor. If it(processor) was really slow then you would see the snake in CRT too. Also if it was slow then it would only miss the data to be decoded and wont show the old data+new data at ones(which creates the snake). In short we will see an ant instead of snake :D

namo narayan said:
very good explanation by quickboy
also yes quickboy i have noticed one thing that if stb becomes old, or if a person regularly manually downloads software, then stb becomes slow in responding too and also in fast scenes there is slight blurriness, is this bcoz stb processor has become slow

Tell did TS's FEC changed or not? If changed then from when and any imporvement in picture quality was noticed or not? If nothing has changed then I am afraid it will demed that you have spread wrong news.

namo narayan said:
very good explanation by quickboy
also yes quickboy i have noticed one thing that if stb becomes old, or if a person regularly manually downloads software, then stb becomes slow in responding too and also in fast scenes there is slight blurriness, is this bcoz stb processor has become slow

this is something new.. the STB Manufactures should mention the DOB of their STB so that we can know when they get old :-/;)

MJ786 said:
this is something new.. the STB Manufactures should mention the DOB of their STB so that we can know when they get old :-/;)
Check STB box, manufacturing date is always provided by the company.
:blush:

mystic said:
MJ786 said:
Check STB box, manufacturing date is always provided by the company.
:blush:

they mention only month and year and that too on the packing box and not on STB i think .. not everyone will have the carton box for years.. so STB will be best to have it.

very good reply by mystic . mj786 plz stop ur campaign of writing against me everytime for no reason else i really hope mods take action and warn u. u make fun of my statements, write personal insults about me, its a limit, plz take caution from now on

@all dream members
When we post in a public forum like here in DDF, we received comments/criticism from others.
Sometime its appreciate your posts sometime not.
Take is lightly. Do not make issue for each and every posts.:c
I urge all members please co-operate and use thiss platform to give & gain knowledge.:tup

Nobody is perfect. So share the info we have......Do not waste time in fighting....:luv

@amatan Dear one liner and just smiley posting is NOT appreciated here.... :c
and don't make fun of other members here....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock