Disscussion on Tata Sky's compression algorithm

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 50
  • Views: Views 8,901
FEC=

Satellite transponders are rather noisy communications therefore there will large be number of errors when a signal is sent through them. Because satellite transmissions are broadcast one way, the receiver cannot send a message to the transmitter to say "I didn't get that last piece of information, please re-transmit it". As a result, Forward Error Correction is used, where the transmitter sends error correction information along with the actual signal so that should errors occur, the receiver can re-generate the bit stream.

When a broadcaster transmit on a satellite, in effect they are primarily alloted certain bandwidth. Therefore if a programmer wanted to transmit two video channels via a transponder, he would use less bandwidth than a service that transmitted four. However, the bandwidth of a transponder is finite and therefore an upper limit is placed on the SR (typically between 28 and 29 MS/s). By reducing the amount of FEC information sent along with the actual data, the number of channels can be increased. However, this then means that errors are harder to correct and that the down link stations must be able to receive a certain signal strength

this what actually consider about FEC transmission , here lot of other things are also considered , modulation , encoding etc....

well picture quality dont really on dependent of FEC , if the FEC error takes place , then simply there is breakup in pic like cracks , like while playing dirty CD, not the blur or washy or pixelation

well all the matter is compression , and encoding , profile and level , framerate , aspect ratio,limunance resulution , chrominance , and video sequence headers

this what i read like this

vishvish said:
this what actually consider about FEC transmission , here lot of other things are also considered , modulation , encoding etc....
well picture quality dont really on dependent of FEC , if the FEC error takes place , then simply there is breakup in pic like cracks , like while playing dirty CD, not the blur or washy or pixelation
well all the matter is compression , and encoding , profile and level , framerate , aspect ratio,limunance resulution , chrominance , and video sequence headers

Well I was just wondering , what is changed in TATA-SKY in last few days,

You do have the DVB card and software, and I do know you did post details in some forum, So the data must be there, It will be great help if you just compare what was there and what is there now

And considering the mpeg-2 broadcast, well we do have a few more providers doing that in KU-BAND , Like DISH-TV and DD, well what is the big difference between them and TS anyway? I dont see much, Dish-tv compresses more ( please read lower bandwidth per channel), So why cant TS pack more and get at least get a stable picture, As dino says , why should the picture crack, Are those STbs so antique that they cannot put a stable picture at least?

well QB , i take a look now what have been changed , now i need to get ku signal ,

put to scan lets see what comes up.. last scan updates i have for 5th August and now doing latest one.. just checking few simple things first

THere may be a catch, They add more revenue generating stuff like active service screens etc, So that they can get more money on ads in each screen, Well each of these screens show up as a seperate video channel if you blind scan ( same as d2h), and in the STB software, there is some arrangement to link them to some specific channel (I mean when you select a pic with remote and press the ok KEY, it goes to another channel,) Is it done with something like Flsah/JAVA/HTML, well the answer for that may be the key to finding out why the STB gets slower,

The software is downloaded to flash memory and not to the processor anyway, But more links and functions and ad screens to an STB designed to cut cost may be overloading it's capabilities, (More like trying to run Window$ -7/8/9 etc with M$suite and Adobe reader -10 all using a pentium-60mhz processor with 64mb ram) :u

There is an HD-DVR too ( called TS+ or something), Is that becoming slower on software updates, can someone tell that?

i am just posting one TP Scan as they have 12.. and there is no change whatsoever in those.. one of this is from 5th of Aug

----------------------------------------
TP N: 12
Frequency: 11669.713 Mhz
Symbol rate: 29999 KS
Polarization: Horizontal
Spectrum: Inverted
Standard/Modulation: DVB-S/QPSK
FEC: 5/6
RollOff: 0.35
RF-Level: -40 dBm
Signal/Noise: 10.6 dB
Carrier width: 40.499 Mhz
BitRate: 46.078 Mbit/s

and this one is today's

TP N: 12
Frequency: 11670.174 Mhz
Symbol rate: 29999 KS
Polarization: Horizontal
Spectrum: Inverted
Standard/Modulation: DVB-S/QPSK
FEC: 5/6
RollOff: 0.35
RF-Level: -40 dBm
Signal/Noise: 10.9 dB
Carrier width: 40.499 Mhz
BitRate: 46.078 Mbit/s

RE: New Test Channel - Test Service 14 added

amatan said:
FEC doesnt make a picture bad or good. If Fec is 7/8 then they can send more useful data but on the downside more SNR is needed for proper locking.

For blurry picture LCD's response time was not good and it was not because of slow processor.

vishvish said:

We both said the same but I can find how some members are biased here.

@Dino till now you havent responded to the question. I think now members can assume that what you have said was a lie? Some who supporting you aslo hand in glove for that lie?

mystic said:
@amatan Dear one liner and just smiley posting is NOT appreciated here.... :c
and don't make fun of other members here....

Where did I make fun of others? Jokes are to be appreciated. If you cant understand that joke thats your problem. Don’t stop others from laughing. Bye.

mystic bhai amatan is not giving any personal comments or fights luke dino so leave him as per my knowledge he is not making any fun here.

Bapun Raz said:
mystic bhai amatan is not giving any personal comments or fights luke dino so leave him as per my knowledge he is not making any fun here.

No need to ask him. He can do what ever he want. Atmost he can warn or ban me and both arent new to me. I have lot of places to post without people like him. He is advising even MJ. I dont think it is worth to beg at him like this. Because he is TS MOD he is fan of Dino.

I have already seen what happens if a MOD is fan of some thing. That might follow soon here too.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock