dvr box using single wire?

Hi Saket...I from both your posts, I am getting a feeling that you have not at all understood the case in hand...I re-stated the scenario I am facing...

I guess, you are reading subject line and replying...

I second Saket's answer here. As you have seen, not all channels are available once the recording button is pressed.
Technically, this is how two tuner system works. One tuner is used for recording and other one for live viewing. In LNBF, depending on the channel, Vertical "V" or Horizontal "H" polarity is switched on using 13V or 18V sent by the STB. For example, if you are watching Channel A, which is on H polarity, even the loop out from tuner will provide only H polarity channels. So, channels with V polarity will not work on the other tuner or vice-versa. This is what is happening to you.
May be in case of ADTH, they have configured dual output from LNBF such that one cable is for H and other for V polarities. That is the reason, you get only partial channels with one cable.
D2h must be actually providing H&V polarities in both the cable. That way you will get all the channels even if you connect single cable. But, dual tuners are not utilized in that case as expected.

There is nothing to be configured in lnbf.

So in no case 1 wire dedicated to h and other to v.

I have understood ur problem.

U want all channel can be seen with one wire, but only 1 at a time.

Not like dual tuner. 1 tuner for viewing and other for recording.

Correct me if I am wrong

I got the final word from the adtv installer...

one lnb works for V and other for H when connected to DVR (as you also said)...
But when connected to HD+ box of adtv, any one of the wires can work like normal wire coming from lnb...so all channels will come...

So solution to my problem was to use any one of the wires and connect to new hd+ box, I have purchased one normal hd box and now able to view all channels and also use single tuner recording facility...

me_saket said:
There is nothing to be configured in lnbf.

So in no case 1 wire dedicated to h and other to v.

I have understood ur problem.

U want all channel can be seen with one wire, but only 1 at a time.

Not like dual tuner. 1 tuner for viewing and other for recording.

Correct me if I am wrong

Yes you have understood my prob...thanks for the help...

the solution to ur problem is

SatCr enable LNBs and STB

which use single wire and can able to transmit both vertical and horizontal frequency

which allows HD PVR 2 tuner to run on single cable

but i think none of dth is providing these stb or lnbs in india

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock